- A workflow is an arrangement of processes in industries and administration, via which specific work is executed from initiation.
- A workflow management system (WFMS) is the software specially designed for the execution, setting up, and monitoring of workflow in an organization. It is a business process management technique.
- Workflow management has three stages of process analysis – interview employees, analysis of process models, and documentation of the process.
- A workflow management system is cost-efficient and offers technologically advanced infrastructure.
- WFMS helps labor-intensive procedures that are helps in back-office processes and workflows. It additionally increases the profitability of customers.
- Many companies adopt this workflow system to make access of data easier and to streamline processes. Customer satisfaction and loyalty is enhanced due to the use of a workflow management system.
- The global workflow management system market is expected to grow due to technological advancement, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, and efficient business processes.
Global Workflow Management System Market: Dynamics
Global Workflow Management Systems Market: Key Drivers
- WFMS makes data access easer and streamlines processes in businesses or industries, and this increases the continuous access to technology, changing nature of business and industries, data & information, and these are the important drivers of the WFMS market.
- WFMS helps an organization in terms of lessening the lead time, minimizes errors in work, and offers microscopic insights into process implementation. Team collaboration and coordination of work become easier due to WFMS and all the processes of the organization becomes flexible. This leads to expansion of the workflow management system market globally.
- WFMS also provides information of all activities such as the delivery of products & services, task completions, and other output across teams and organizations with total transparency.
- Machine learning, deep learning, big data, and artificial intelligence have created various opportunities for WFMS in the global market.
- WFMS has huge growth potential in emerging markets due to benefits such as cost-effectiveness, process integration, and automation.
- However, growth of the WFMS market is inhibited by high implementation cost, high investment to transfer services, etc.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Workflow Management Systems Market
- COVID-19 had a huge impact globally and led to slowdown in economic, political, and social growth of countries worldwide.
- Various businesses and industries were impacted by lockdowns, and businesses slowed down. However, the WFMS market was unaffected; rather, it expanded due to the rapid utilization of cloud computing and the use of online modes for work.
- In this critical time of COVID-19, WFMS helps to improve organizational processes. All companies adopted WFMS to maintain the continuity of data and human errors.
Ask for brochure –
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Workflow Management Systems Market
- In terms of region, the workflow management system market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America holds major share of the workflow management system market. Continuous data availability, cloud computing, and better processes have expanded the WFMS market in North America.
- Growth of the WFMS market in Europe and Asia Pacific can be attributed to investment in IT services.
- China, India, and Japan are prominent markets in Asia Pacific for the growth of WFMS due to high product demand, economic development, and problem-solving techniques.
Global Workflow Management Systems Market: Competition Landscape
- Various local, regional, and global players are active in the workflow management systems market.
- Rapid adoption of advanced technologies expands the global workflow management systems market.
- WFMS has users from different sectors such as IT service providers, technical, research and development, and cloud service, etc.
Key players operating in the global workflow management systems market include:
- Xerox Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- IBM Corporation
- Nintex Global Limited
- Software AG
- Newgen Software Technology