- The underground service locator is a type of equipment, which is used to inspect underground services. Underground service locator are placed so that it can identify underground waste, telephone lines, electric power cables, cable TV, gas pipelines, sewer lines, among others in order to minimize the threat of utility damage. Moreover, the underground service locator generally comprises two modules that includes a receiver and a transmitter, which are used to detect and identify the signal’s frequency, single frequency, and multiple frequency locators.
- The global manufacturing industry has been severely affected by the suspension of the manufacturing activities in the wake of the enduring pandemic, due to the shutdown of some component manufacturing facilities across several countries worldwide. Furthermore, shortage of labor together with potential supply chain blocks of equipment and materials is expected to hamper the manufacturing of underground service locator across developed and developing countries. This, in turn, has hampered the global underground service locator market.
Request for a sample:
Global Underground Service Locator Market: Market Dynamics
- Rise in concerns about protection and safety of underground utilities is expected to boost the underground service locator market
- Consistent advancements in technologies, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning that are used to develop advanced underground locators, are expected to boost the underground service locator market
- Stringent standards and regulations imposed by governments of developed and developing countries for using suitable detecting device in oil & gas and power generation industries are expected to further propel the underground service locator market
- Rise in number of construction and infrastructure activities across developing and developed countries is projected to fuel the global underground service locator market
- However, high maintenance costs and possession limits are likely to hamper the underground service locator market
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Underground Service Locator Market
- Based on region, the global underground service locator market can be divided into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to lead the global underground service locator market, due to rising focus on public security and safety. Furthermore, the governments of the U.S. and Canada are increasing their efforts to reduce damage to pipelines and other underground utilities during the implementation of remodeling activities. This factor propels the underground service locator market in North America.
- The underground service locator market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold substantial share due to rising construction and infrastructure activities in developing countries such as China and India. Additionally, use of underground service locator to map and identify underground utilities such as water pipes, electric cable distribution, gas pipelines, and telecommunication lines is expected to further fuel the market across Asia Pacific.
- The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is projected to account notable share of the global underground service locator market
Global Underground Service Locator Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Underground Service Locator Market
Companies operating in the underground service locator market are increasingly investing in research & development to develop new and innovative techniques to provide an underground service locator. The underground service locator market is highly fragmented with the presence of numerous manufacturers in both developed and developing regions. Key players operating in the global underground service locator market include:
- Contretron Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co. (Ridge Tool Company)
- GSSI Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc.
- HDD Broker LLC.
- Hexagon’s AB
- Leica Microsystems
- PipeHawk Plc
- Radiodetection Ltd.
- Sensors & Software Inc.
- The Mainmark Group of Companies.
Global Underground Service Locator Market: Research Scope
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by Location
- Active Location
- Passive Location
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by Service Type
- Pipe Locator
- Cables Locator
- Septic Tanks Locator
- Blockages Locator
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by Technique
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Electronic Market Systems (EMSs)
- RF Transmitter or Electromagnetic Field
- Sound Detector
- Magnetic Locator
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by End-user
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Power Generation Industry
- Cable and Telephone Companies
- Water and Wastewater
- Mass Transit and Rail Companies
Global Underground Service Locator Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Read TMR Research Methodology at: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/methodology.html
Read Our Latest Press Release: