Palbociclib Drugs Market: Introduction
- Palbociclib is a drug manufactured by Pfizer, marketed under the brand Ibrance, and it is used for the treatment of hormone receptor-positive (HR+ve) and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HER2-), advanced or metastatic breast cancer. It inhibits the activity of cyclin dependent kinases, specifically CDK4 and CDK8, thus preventing the growth of cancer cells.
Request Brochure –
- During cell cycle, cyclin dependent kinases form a binary complex with (CDK4 and CDK8) Cyclin D. Thus, helping the phosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein, Rb, which further enhances the growth of cells by helping in the progression of cell cycle. Palbociclib inhibits the activity of CD4/8, thus preventing the formation of cyclin D-CDK4/6 complex that cannot phosphorylate Rb protein and subsequently, reducing cellular proliferation of estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancer cell lines.
- Thus, palbociclib blocks progression of the cell from G1 into S phase of the cell cycle, acting as a cell cycle inhibitor for tumor growth in breast cancer. It is generally taken daily orally with food in a cycle of 21 days of active medication or a combination with an aromatase inhibitor as initial endocrine-based therapy in postmenopausal women or with fulvestrant in women with disease progression followed by endocrine therapy.
Request COVID Analysis on Palbociclib Drugs Market –
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Palbociclib Drugs Market
- Rise in number of breast cancer cases and its prevalence worldwide is the major factor driving the market. A survey conducted by the U.S. Government indicates that about 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 13%) has a chance to develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- Percentage increase in the survival rate of patients, decrease in the mortality rate of patients treated with Ibrance and its efficacy of curing affected patients are also some factors that are projected to drive the global palbociclib drugs market
- Impairing fertility and reproductive capacity in women, causing fetal harm during pregnancy, genotoxicity and low white blood cell counts (neutropenia) that can cause serious infections are some factors that may hamper the palbociclib drugs market
Request Customization on Palbociclib Drugs Market Report –
Tablets Demand is estimated to dominate the Global Palbociclib Drugs Market
- Based on dosage form, the global palbociclib drugs market can be divided into tablets and capsules
- The tablets segment dominated the global market due to increased flexibility, no particular dietary concerns and increased water solubility. Tablets are highly soluble than capsules that cause them to act in a better way in absorption and assimilation by the body. Increased flexibility of tablets means that these can be taken with or without food and can also be taken with proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) or antacids. Addressing dietary concerns means tablets does not contain lactose or gelatin. These factors together drive the segment.
Hospitals Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on end-user, the global palbociclib drugs market is classified into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and research institutes
- The hospitals segment has dominated the global palbociclib drugs market due to marked percentage (%) increase in number of cases coming to hospitals and clinics and the facilities provided in hospitals such as home care and healthcare facilities
Pre Book Palbociclib Drugs Market Report-
Retail Pharmacies to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global palbociclib drugs market is classified into online pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others
- Retail pharmacies is a highly lucrative segment due to easy availability and increased purchase of medicines from retail shops than from online pharmacies
North America to Dominate Global Palbociclib Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global palbociclib drugs market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounts for the largest market share for the global palbociclib drugs market followed by Europe. Rise in the number of cancer cases due to increase in prevalence among patients in North America, technology advancements followed by increased funding from government in R&D activities, and large corporates making huge amount of investments in cancer diagnostics are major factors that have led North America to account for significant share of global market.
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Photopheresis Products Market –
Medical Waste Containers Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453