Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market: Introduction
- Lower respiratory tract Infections (LRTI) are infections that affect the airways (below the extent of the larynx), including the trachea and the alveolar sacs
- LRTI is characterized in numerous alternative ways. Intense infections that affect the airways include acute bronchitis, bronchiolitis and flu, while intense infections that affect the alveolar sacs can include pneumonia.
- LRTI is a broad term that includes acute bronchitis, pneumonia, acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease/chronic bronchitis (AECB), and acute exacerbation of bronchiectasis
- Several microorganisms can cause infections such as virus viz. adenoviruses, coronaviruses, parainfluenza virus, rhinoviruses; bacteria viz. Bordetella pertussis, Chlamydia pneumoniae, and Mycoplasma pneumonia, etc. Lower respiratory tract infections are the leading reason behind morbidity and mortality in children and adults worldwide.
- Acute LRTIs (ALRTIs) are a common clinical issue in community and medical clinic settings. Management of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) and AECB may pose challenges due to diagnostic difficulty in separating diseases caused by typical and atypical microorganisms and increasing rates of antimicrobial resistance.
- Beta-lactam anti-infection agents, macrolides, and fluoroquinolones are regularly prescribed drugs for the management of ALRTIs
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79923
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
- The global lower respiratory tract infection market is anticipated to expand considerably owing to an increase in prevalence of lung diseases, a surge in the geriatric population, and an increase in the risk of pneumonia in children
- According to World Health Organization (WHO), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is to blame for 30 million lower respiratory tract infection cases in children worldwide. The prevalence of such viral diseases is estimated to drive the global market during the forecast period.
- Newer advances in treatment and facilities and treatment with lower potential side-effects are also likely to propel the global market during the forecast period. Inappropriate and lack of in-vitro facilities to conduct research studies for novel treatment alternatives is a key factor that may hamper the global lower respiratory tract infection treatment market during the forecast period.
- According to the Global Burden of Disease 2015 study (GBD 2015), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lower tract infections (LRTIs) represent the third and fourth most typical causes of death, respectively, after ischemic cardiovascular disease and cerebrovascular disease.
Request for Custom Research – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=79923
- New and/or more practical vaccines against lung infections and viruses need to be created together with new therapeutic approaches that have to be created to combat drug-resistant bacteria act as major opportunities for the LRTI treatment market
- Side-effects related to the drugs may hamper the global lower respiratory tract infection treatment market during the forecast period
North America to Dominate the Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
- North America accounts for a major share of the global lower respiratory tract infection treatment market share, owing to an increase in the number of hospitalizations and emergency visits associated with acute or life-threatening medical problems. North America is leading the global market due to a rise in the geriatric population and increase in multi-drug resistance bacterial infection among children and immune-compromised adults.
- According to the study by the Society of Critical Care Medicine 2016, over 5.7 million patients are admitted annually in intensive care units (ICUs) in the U.S. for support of airway, breathing or circulation, and comprehensive management of injury
- Government initiatives toward the treatment of the infection is also projected to further propel the lower respiratory tract infection treatment market in North America
- The lower respiratory tract infection treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace due to a rise in patient awareness, improved healthcare infrastructure and facilities, high disposable income, and prevalence of unhealthy lifestyle
Pre Book Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=79923<ype=S
- Several pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies are focusing on expansion of their businesses in Asia Pacific to maximize their R&D activities, as the region provides better access to patients for clinical trials with low-cost operational efficiencies
- Increase in government investments in research & development, patient awareness, improved healthcare infrastructure and facilities, high disposable income, and prevalence of unhealthy lifestyles are also expected to boost the LRTI treatment market in Asia Pacific
Key Players of Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
The major players covered in the lower respiratory tract infection treatment market report are,
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- AbbVie Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Pfizer Inc.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453