There are more than a few ways to germinate cannabis seeds and just by looking in Youtube and searching on how to germinate marijuana seeds, it will provide you with plentiful guides on how to perform this, plus all the claims of which one is the best. However, it seems that there are still only 2 of them that are really being used and so far, they are the simplest to do.
Normally, in perfect conditions, cannabis seeds can germinate within 24 to 48 hours. That being said, I understand that there are multiple ways to recreate this environment and if you think you have a better way to do it, be so as you please.
Germinating Cannabis seeds requires 3 important things for this to be successful. The things that are importantly needed are water, heat and air. We need to achieve a balance between the 3 elements to provide an environment for the seed to sit in and trigger into sprouting.
2 Easy Methods to Germinate Cannabis seeds fast
2 widely popular methods are being used widely by many growers today. This is because out of all the suggested ways given out there, these 2 seem to be the simplest to do and still deliver as effectively as others. In these methods, there are no special tools required and all the things you need can easily be found at home or if not in your regular grocery store. All you have to do is just do the steps below and you will be well on your way to germinating your marijuana seeds and start your growing season the right way.
1. Using Wet Paper Towel & Plastic Plates | Step by Step
- Use 4 sheets of paper towel and soak them in distilled water. Pull it out of the water and let the excess water drip out.
- Lay 2 wet sheets of paper towel over a plastic plate and arrange your seeds to be 1 inch apart over the wet towel
- Cover the cannabis seeds with the remaining 2 wet paper towels and cover everything up with another plastic plate to recreate a dark environment.
- Place this in a warm place around 70 to 90 degrees F. An empty drawer or a cupboard will do.
Time to wait – Make sure you regularly check as some seeds will germinate earlier than others. Make sure not to let the paper towels dry out.
- Once you see a single stalk protrude from the cannabis seed shell, this is the time you know that the germination has been successful. This white single stalk is what is referred to as the taproot which then develops to form the main stalk of the marijuana plant.
2. Germinating directly in Soil | Tips to ensure successful germination
- Use the Correct Soil and Growing medium
- Use only mild nutrients if you plan to fertilize your soil or growing medium
- Use a small container to start your cannabis seed
- Ensure your container has enough holes for drainage
- Water the soil heavily and let it drain fully through the holes before planting your cannabis seed
- Do not go beyond 1 inch deep when planting your seed
- Cover your cannabis seeds lightly with soil and make sure not to pack it too much. This will allow us to aerate the seed.
- Position your container in a warm area. Preferably an area that gets a bit of sun during the morning and becomes shaded for the rest of the day.
These steps are easy to follow and can almost assure successful germination. That is why you have to make sure you only buy cannabis seeds that are of the highest quality.