Gastrointestinal Electrocardiograph Market: Introduction
- The gastrointestinal system comprises the gastrointestinal tract and accessory organs. The gastrointestinal system is a long hollow tube that extends from the oral cavity where food enters the body, via the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum, and finally to the anus where undigested food is expelled out of the body. The accessory organs include salivary glands, gall bladder, pancreas, and liver. These organs help secrete enzymes into the digestive tract. The major function of gastrointestinal tract is to process nutrients and energy from food and fluids that is ingested. Mobility and functional gastrointestinal disorders are the common gastrointestinal disorders in the population. Gastrointestinal mobility is the movement of the digestive system and the transit of the content within it. Esophageal disorders, bowel disorder and gastro-duodenal disorders, abdominal pain are some of the gastrointestinal diseases. These diseases are caused due to stress, eating low fiber diet, lack of exercise, and change in routine.
Request Brochure –
- Some symptoms of gastrointestinal disorder include heart burn, pain, bloating, abdominal distension, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation. It is difficult to distinguish the symptoms of angina pectoris and gastro-esophageal issues. Diseases related to cardiac and gastrointestinal diseases are complicated. The gastro-esophageal disease associated with cardiac complications result in secondary cardiac arrhythmias and pericarditis. Some of the patients suffering from inflammatory bowel disease such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease suffer from collapse owing to the arrhythmias, complete heart block, and Wenckebach atrioventricular block. Gastrointestinal bleeding is also a symptom of the disease, which causes gastrointestinal bleeding such as hemorrhoids, peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, colonic polyps, and Crohn’s disease. Some of the signs of gastrointestinal bleeding are dark blood mixed with stool, blood in vomiting, vomit like coffee grounds, and tarry stool. Gastrointestinal electrocardiograph assists in the detection of upper gastrointestinal bleeding. The treatment of gastrointestinal diseases includes medication and lifestyle modification.
Request COVID Analysis on Gastrointestinal Electrocardiograph Market –
- A large number of diagnostic tests and tools are used in the diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases. These techniques primarily include endoscopy, electrogastrograph (EGG), MRI scanning, and CT scans. Gastrointestinal electrocardiograph, also known as electrogastrograph (EGG), is a technique to measure action potentials of the stomach. The main aim of measuring action potential of the stomach is to evaluate gastric motility and to determine the relation between EGG and identify the diseases related to stomach and GIT. The physiological basis of EGG underlies the motility of GI tract. The motility of GI tract is based on contractions of smooth muscle, which in turn is based on two patterns of electrical activity, namely; action potential and slow waves. Slow waves in GIT are initiated by the interstitial cells of Cajal (ICC). The maximum frequency of muscle contraction ranges from 3 waves in a minute (stomach) to 17 waves per minute (rectum).
Request Customization on Gastrointestinal Electrocardiograph Market Report –
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Gastrointestinal Electrocardiograph Market
- The global market for gastrointestinal electrocardiograph is anticipated to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. This expansion is likely due to high prevalence of gastric disorders, increased use of advanced diagnostic technologies, and growing medical infrastructure and healthcare expenditure. Large prevalence of chronic gastrointestinal diseases is another factor boosting the market. According to a gastroenterology journal, more than 54.4 million ambulatory visits were recorded with a primary diagnosis for a GI disease, 3.0 million hospital admissions, and 540,500 all-cause 30-day readmissions. 266,600 new cases of GI cancers were diagnosed and 144,300 cancer deaths were recorded. Thus, high prevalence of chronic gastric diseases propels the market.
- Furthermore, according to the statistics provided by the Office for National Statistics, Government of the U.K., the healthcare expenditure of the U.K. increased from US$ 101.8 billion in 2000 to USD 233.4 billion in 2012. This exponential rise in the healthcare expenditure of developed countries (the U.S., the U.K. and Japan) propels the development of medical infrastructure, which ultimately fuels the gastrointestinal electrocardiograph market. On the other hand, high cost and lack of awareness are key factors that restrain the market to some extent.
Pre Book Gastrointestinal Electrocardiograph Market Report –
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Gastrointestinal Electrocardiograph Market
In terms of region, the global gastrointestinal electrocardiograph market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominates the global market for gastrointestinal electrocardiograph due to a large aging population. The gastrointestinal electrocardiograph market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a high growth rate in the next five years. The market in China and India is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Some of the key driving forces for the gastrointestinal electrocardiograph market in emerging countries are large pool of patients, increase in healthcare expenditure, and rising government funding.
Key Players Operating in Global Gastrointestinal Electrocardiograph Market
The major players operating in the global gastrointestinal electrocardiograph market are:
- GE Healthcare
- Royal Philips Healthcare
- Cardionet Inc.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Compumed, Inc.
- Mindray Medical International Limited
- Schiller AG
- Welch Allyn
- Spacelabs Healthcare, Inc.
- Mortara Instrument Inc.
- Synectics Medical
- 3CPM Company
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Scar Treatment Market –
Lyophilized Injectable Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453