Market Players Focus on Minimizing Carbon Footprint, Waste Management Gains Momentum
The cosmetic sector has evolved at a rapid pace over the past couple of decades due to augmenting consumer awareness, rapidly changing regulations, and emerging trends. At present, players operating in the cosmetics ingredient market are increasingly focusing on offering improved textural experiences, and producing sustainable and holistic cosmetic solutions and products. Several new trends such as the ‘clean beauty’ trend have played a key role in influencing the overall growth of the global cosmetics ingredient market over the past few years– a factor that is expected to fuel market growth in the upcoming years.
With consistent advancements in cosmetic technology in the past decade, the prospects of the cosmetics ingredient market look bright during the forecast period. At present, a large number of companies operating in the cosmetics ingredient market are walking down the sustainability path to gain an advantage in the current market landscape. In addition, market players are increasingly reviewing their product development cycle to minimize the carbon footprint of various ingredients by enhancing waste management. Traditional ingredients are being reinvented due to the entry of novel technologies, including Artificial Intelligence (AI) in various ways such as refinement of processing techniques, in silo modeling, and more.
At the back of these factors, along with booming sales of cost-effective skin care products made from natural ingredients, the global cosmetics ingredient market is expected to attain a market value of US$ 51.6 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Cosmetic Ingredients Market
Fast-paced Innovations and Entry of Novel Technologies to Aid Market Growth
While technological advancements, including 3D printing and artificial intelligence, are playing an imperative role in bolstering the growth of an array of industries, including manufacturing, automotive, e-commerce, aerospace, and healthcare, the cosmetic sector is also on track to leverage these technologies to improve production techniques, quality of products, etc. At present, 3D printing is increasingly being used to develop skincare products such as sheet masks and more. The advent of 3D printing technology is expected to play a key role in improving the size and shape of sheet masks. Several brands are increasingly investing resources in such innovative technologies to improve the quality of their products. For instance, Neutrogena launched Neutrogena MaskiD, a 3D printed face mask to address various issues involved with face masks made by conventional manufacturing techniques. In addition, personalization and customization trends are expected to act as a catalyst in terms of adoption of new technology across the cosmetics ingredient market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring a difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
At present, due to rising consumer awareness pertaining to various cosmetic ingredients, a new range of cosmetic ingredients are gradually entering the market. While alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) and beta hydroxyl acid (BHAs) have gained immense popularity as chemical exfoliators, a new generation of acids, including polyhydroxy acid (PHAs) are gradually making a mark in the cosmetic ingredients market. Moreover, the growing interest in plant-based retinol alternatives is another factor that is expected to provide a considerable boost to the growth of the cosmetics ingredient market during the forecast period.
Demand to Remain Low in 2020 amid COVID-19 Pandemic, Research Likely to Gain Traction
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong impact on the growth of the global cosmetics ingredient market, particularly in 2020 and the first quarter of 2021. As governments across several prominent markets around the world are increasingly focusing on containing the spread of the novel coronavirus, retail stores, shopping malls, and brand showrooms continue to remain shut for a major part of 2020 due to which, offline sales are expected to take a significant hit. In addition, restriction on cross-border trade, along with transportation are some of the other major factors that are likely to pose major challenges across the supply chain.
The overall demand for cosmetic ingredients in the first three quarters of 2020 is projected to remain relatively lower than usual due to the ongoing pandemic. Thus, market growth will remain sluggish. However, market players are anticipated to focus on product development, research, and explore possibilities of using new and safe ingredients in their products.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Cosmetic Ingredients Market
Cosmetics Ingredient Market: Overview
- The global market value for the cosmetics ingredient market stood at US$ 30 Bn in 2020, finds Transparency Market Research (TMR) in a recent study. According to the report, the market is expected to reach US$ 51.6 Bn by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.6%.
- The cosmetics ingredient market is anticipated to have a lucrative business attributable to the rising demand from several cosmetics and personal care products. The global cosmetics ingredient market is also driven by the growing demand for the natural/herbal product segments.
Cosmetics Ingredient: Market Frontrunners
- Synthetic chemical ingredients, natural/herbal ingredients, and specialty cosmetics ingredients are key segments in terms of ingredients among which, the natural/herbal ingredients segment is leading. In 2020, it accounts ~46.8% of the market share in terms of value.
- Skin care is the leading segment of the global cosmetics ingredient market based on the end use, followed by skin care. These segments account for 34.2% and 21.8% of the market, respectively, in terms of value.
- Geographically, the global cosmetics ingredient market encompasses North America, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific. Among these regions, Europe holds the major market share that is ~33.8%, followed by North America, accounting for ~28.2% of the total market share, respectively.
Read TMR Research Methodology @:
Cosmetics Ingredient Market: Trends
- Rising Popularity of Herbal Cosmetics
- Consumers are shifting toward the application of herbal cosmetic products, as they observe these as healthier alternatives over conventional products. Herbal cosmetic products stabilize hormones, support natural healing of the body, increase immunity, and have less side effects on the body. Due to these various health benefits, the demand for herbal cosmetics and personal care product is gaining traction across the globe. Moreover, herbal cosmetics and personal care products are more favored over conventional ones, which are offered in the market. The increasing demand for herbal cosmetic products among customers is pushing producers to offer herbal cosmetic ingredients, and this trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period.
- Surging Demand for Color Cosmetic Products Propelling Growth of Cosmetic Ingredients Market
- Key manufacturers operating in color cosmetics market are increasing their product portfolios by procuring cosmetic ingredient suppliers and domestic players, along with promoting their brands via continuous marketing promotions, and also through celebrity endorsements. The wider use of color cosmetics is increasing the demand for cosmetic ingredients to provide luster and texture to products, and hence, with the increasing demand for color cosmetics, the cosmetic ingredients market is witnessing significant growth. The cosmetic ingredients industry has been also witnessing several innovations and launch of novel products by key players in the global market due to rising consumer demand for high-quality premium cosmetic ingredient-based products.
Cosmetics Ingredient Market: Strategies
- Key players operating in the global cosmetic ingredients market are introducing various innovative products with clear and exclusive information about its sources, production technology, along with health benefits
- Product Launches and Key Innovations: The cosmetic ingredients manufacturers have started introducing several products with various health beneficial properties.
- In November 2019, Kao Corporation has announced the restaging of its prestige brand est by presenting a new value added line into the mix. The brand revamped by the incorporation of a three-step skincare routine comprising three kinds of serum and treatment, including the idea of coaching. est is growing to developed as a brand that is capable to work, along with the customers to search for and offer ongoing provision for the unique beauty to which every woman desires.
- In September 2019, INOLEX Inc. has launched SustOleo™ TL, palm-free sensory enhancing, texturizer that offers innovation enabling technology with a sound environmental profile
- The complete portfolio of the company is vegan-friendly, INOLEX Inc. does not sell animal-derived ingredients/products and they don’t even perform the test of products on animals
Target Region for Cosmetics Ingredient Market
- As of 2020, Europe holds the major market share and is projected to continue leading the global cosmetic ingredients market during the forecast period, followed by Americas having the second major market share for cosmetic ingredients
Cosmetics Ingredient Market: Players
- The leading key manufacturers operating in the global cosmetic ingredients market, as profiled in the study comprises
- BASF SE
- Croda International Plc
- DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Clariant AG
- Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Inc.
- Solvay SA
- Evonik Industries AG
- Actives International LLC.
- INOLEX Inc.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Kolmar BNH Co Ltd.
- Innospec Inc.
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Novacap Group (SEQENS)
- Kao Corporation
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]