Roofing Market: Description
- Roof is a vital part in house construction that provides protection from natural elements and climatic conditions. Roofing materials are external layers applied on the roof of a building.
- These are sometimes self-supporting, but are generally supported by underlying structures. The outer layer of a roof varies depending on the availability of material and the nature of the supporting structure.
- Roofing materials range from natural products such as thatches and slates to commercially available products such as bituminous, tiles, and plastic sheeting
Enquiry Before Buying:https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=48603
What are Key Growth Drivers of Global Roofing Market?
- Rise in demand for laminated asphalt shingles with textured surface is projected to drive the global roofing market in the next few years. Tiles is also one of the major product segments of the global roofing market. Increase in concern about the environment is significantly influencing prospective homebuyers and developers.
- Tile roofing lowers the need for air conditioning, leading to a decrease in electricity consumption. This is projected to boost the demand for tiles during the forecast period.
- Metal roofing is gaining momentum in the global roofing market owing to the increase in demand for green construction materials. Metal roofing has exceptional longevity, and, thus, low lifecycle cost. Additionally, it possesses 30%-60% of recycled metal content and is 100% recyclable at the end of its service life. These factors are expected to boost the sales of metal roofing during the forecast period.
- Urbanization is a major factor driving the roofing market. The need for urbanization is fueled by an increase in standard of living in emerging economies.
Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Industry:
What are Key Challenges for Global Roofing Market?
- Asphalt is the major raw material used in the manufacture of bituminous roofing materials, which is the leading product segment of the roofing market
- Quality and availability of asphalt is a continuous challenge for manufacturers of roofing materials. The major raw material for bitumen is gasoline and demand for gasoline is still declining. This has adversely affected the supply of bitumen and asphalt. Moreover, expensive manufacturing techniques such as the oxidation process have raised the production cost of bituminous roofing.
- Other roofing materials such as plastic and fiber cement are also facing challenges owing to an increase in price of polymers, which include polypropylene and Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC). All these factors are estimated to hamper the roofing market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Roofing Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global roofing market during the forecast period. The building & construction industry in the region is expanding significantly due to rapid urbanization in India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
- This is boosting the roofing market in the region. Rise in population, growth in urbanization, and increase in industrialization in Asia Pacific have provided an impetus to economic activities in the region, thereby augmenting the demand for industrial and commercial spaces.
- Furthermore, rise in the number of construction activities in commercial and residential sectors is anticipated to propel the demand for roofing in the next few years.
Leading Players in Global Roofing Market
- The global Roofing market is highly fragmented. Major players operating in the Roofing market are
- GAF Materials Corporation
- CertainTeed Corporation
- Owens Corning Corp.
- Braas Monier Building Group
- Carlisle Companies Incorporated.
About Us :
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.