Atherosclerosis Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Atherosclerosis is the thickening, hardening, and loss of elasticity of the walls of the arteries. It is also known as arteriosclerosis. Atherosclerosis results in plaque formation inside the arteries. Arteries are blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the body. Arteries are lined by a thin layer of cells known as endothelium. Atherosclerosis begins with the damage of endothelium due to smoking, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. That damage leads to the formation of plaque. Plaque is made of calcium, cholesterol, fat, and other substances found in the blood.
Request Brochure –
- Accumulation of plaque causes hardening and narrowing of the arteries. Gradually, plaque grows in size and may partially or totally block blood flow and reduce blood flow to organs such as the heart and other parts of your body. This can lead to serious problems including stroke, heart attack, or even death. Atherosclerosis can affect any artery in the body, including arteries in the legs, brain, heart, arms, pelvis, and legs, resulting in the development of different diseases based on which arteries are affected. Atherosclerosis plaques causes three main types of cardiovascular diseases: coronary artery disease, cerebrovascular disease, and peripheral artery disease.
- Coronary heart disease (CHD) or coronary artery disease is a major cause of death and disability across the world. CHD is responsible for about one-third or more of total deaths in the population over age 35. It is estimated that one-third of middle-aged women and half of all middle-aged men in the U.S. develop some manifestation of coronary heart disease.
Request COVID Analysis on Atherosclerosis Therapeutics Market –
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Atherosclerosis Therapeutics Market
- The global atherosclerosis therapeutics market is expected to expand, due to an increase in the geriatric population and rise in the incidence rate of heart attacks due to coronary heart disease or atherosclerosis. Additionally, availability of new treatment approaches (branded and generic) is a key factor driving the global atherosclerosis therapeutics market. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 610, 000 people from the U.S. died due to heart diseases, which is nearly one in every four deaths. Among heart diseases, coronary artery disease is a highly common heart disease, causing about 370,000 deaths per year. These factors are estimated to boost the global atherosclerosis therapeutics market. However, dependence on symptom-based treatment in several cases and limited efficacy and side-effects of the drugs available in the market are expected to restrain the global atherosclerosis therapeutics market during the forecast period.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Atherosclerosis Therapeutics Market
In terms of region, the global atherosclerosis therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to the presence of major players, higher cases of cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis, and well-established healthcare infrastructure. Furthermore, beneficial government initiatives and an increase in the number of research partnerships are key factors that are anticipated to boost the market.
Pre Book Atherosclerosis Therapeutics Market Report –
The U.S. held a major share of the market in North America due to supportive healthcare policies, a high number of patients, and a developed healthcare market. About 647,000 people in the U.S. die from heart disease every year, i.e., 1 in every 4 deaths. Heart disease costs the U.S. around US$ 219 billion each year. According to statistics, an increase in patient pool and disposable income in this country propels the market of the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Atherosclerosis Therapeutics Market
The atherosclerosis drugs market is moderately competitive and includes major players. Major players operating in the global atherosclerosis therapeutics market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sanofi US
- Amgen Inc.
- Novartis AG
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Bayer AG
- Mylan N.V.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson and Johnson
- Cardium Therapeutics
- The Medicine Company
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Medical Waste Containers Market –
Pharmaceutical Water Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453