Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market: Introduction
- Dysmenorrhea is a medical term for the pain females experience during menstrual cycle. It denotes the severe cramps experienced in the lower abdomen that could extend down to back and lower legs. Majority of women start experiencing acute pain during their early adolescence, around the first five years of the beginning of the menstrual cycle. During menstruation, a lining is formed around the uterus. That lining produces a chemical called prostaglandin. These prostaglandins are responsible for the muscle contraction inside the uterus. Muscle contraction causes pain and decreases the flow of oxygen and blood to the uterus. A broad range of underlying conditions can lead to menstrual disorders. To determine the primary cause, doctors rely on past medical reports of the patient, lab tests, and physical examination. Such examinations help doctors to determine the exact cause of dysmenorrhea and devise an appropriate plan of treatment.
Request Brochure –
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market
- Changing lifestyle, environmental changes, and food habits have had a significant impact on human bodies. This has led to increase in incidence of dysmenorrhea among women. This is a major factor driving the global dysmenorrhea treatment market.
- Surge in incidence of dysmenorrhea has led to increase in health awareness among women to tackle the condition. Hence, adoption of drugs and medicines that help in reducing the pain during the menstrual cycle has increased. This in turn boosts the growth of the global market.
- Companies in the market have launched innovative drugs for treating dysmenorrhea. Moreover, increase in government awareness campaigns about women’s health fuel the growth of the global dysmenorrhea treatment market.
- Leading players are making investing in research & development. This creates significant opportunities in the market. For instance, in January 2021, Pfizer, Inc. and Myovant Sciences announced positive phase 3 spirit extension study of once-daily relugolix combination therapy in women with endometriosis. The therapy reported clinically meaningful reductions in dysmenorrhea. In September 2019, Bayer announced data demonstrating that a single maximum non-prescription dose of Aleve provided more pain relief over 12 hours than acetaminophen for menstrual cramps due to primary dysmenorrhea.
Request COVID Analysis on Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market –
North America to Dominate Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global dysmenorrhea treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global dysmenorrhea treatment market during the forecast period. Well-established health care infrastructure and high awareness are the factors likely to augment the market in the region.
- The dysmenorrhea treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Increase in purchasing power, rise in awareness about clinical facilities, and improving infrastructure are likely to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
Pre Book Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market Report –
Key Players Operating in Global Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market
The global dysmenorrhea treatment market is fragmented with the presence of international as well as local players. A large number of companies hold major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Key players operating in the global dysmenorrhea treatment market are:
- Bayer AG
- Taj Pharmaceuticals
- Novartis AG
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Medical Waste Containers Market –
Pharmaceutical Water Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453