- Aircraft seat actuation systems are an essential part of commercial aircraft cabins. These aircraft systems primarily provide comfortable seating for air travelers. Moreover, the installation of seat actuation system provides additional comfort to passengers, as it enables them to adjust their seating position at the press of a button.
- Aircraft seat actuation systems are expected to become more light weight while maintaining passenger comfort for business or first class air travel. Moreover, ongoing technological development in the market is focused on the production of intelligent seat actuation systems that are light weight, generate lesser noise, and possess flexible seat design in order to provide maximum passenger comfort.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Aircraft Seat Actuation Systems Market
- The global aircraft seat actuation systems market is primarily driven due to a rise in the demand for air travel. Moreover, an increase in disposable income across the globe is enabling travelers to prefer air travel, as it consumes less time and is more comfortable as compared to other modes of travel. Furthermore, in terms of comfort, a rise in awareness about ergonomic aircraft seating is also creating a demand for seat actuation systems.
- Rise in demand for air travel is also fueling the demand for commercial aircraft. Flight services are increasing the number of aircraft in their fleet to cater to the rise in demand from consumers, which in turn is driving the aircraft seat actuation systems market.
- According to International Air Transport Association (IATA), demand for aircraft is expected to surpass 39,000 planes in the next 20 years. Rise in urban middle class population is expected to further boost the demand for air travel and in turn drive the aircraft seat actuation system market. Development and expansion of economies, such as those in BRICs, is anticipated to drive the aircraft seat actuation system market during the forecast period.
Aircraft Seat Actuation Systems Market: Segmentation
- The global aircraft seat actuation systems market has been segmented based on mechanism, application, actuator type, and region
- Based on mechanism, the global aircraft seat actuation system has been classified into linear and rotary. The linear segment dominated the aircraft seat actuation systems market in 2018 A similar trend is likely to continue during the forecast period. Linear actuators are widely utilized in aircraft seat actuation systems, as majority of the functions involved are linear in nature. Linear actuators are primarily used to help passengers adjust seats as per their comfort level.
- In terms of application, the aircraft seat actuation systems has been segregated into economy class, economy plus class, business class, and first class. The business class segment is projected to dominate the market during the forecast period, followed by the first class segment. However, the economy plus class segment is expanding at a rapid pace. The reason for the expansion is attributed to a rise in the demand for premium air travel and increase in aircraft orders, which are indirectly fueling the demand for seat actuation systems.
Aircraft Seat Actuation Systems Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global aircraft seat actuation systems market can be segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Rest of World
- Europe dominated the global aircraft seat actuation systems market, globally, and held more than 30% share in 2018. Dominance of the region is attributed to the demand for comfortable seating in the region. In terms of share, Europe is followed by North America; however, the market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a considerable growth during the forecast period.
- The U.K. and Germany are major contributors of the aircraft seat actuation system in Europe. Presence of aircraft manufacturers is driving the market in the region. Furthermore, one of the leaders in airline manufacturers, Airbus is based in this region.
Key Players Operating in Global Aircraft Seat Actuation Systems Market:
- Buhler Motor GmbH
- Crane Aerospace & Electronics, Inc.
- ITT Corporation
- PGA Electronics S.A.
- Nook Industries, Inc.
- B/E Aerospace
- Moog Inc.
- Dornier Technologie GmbH & Co. KG
- Rollon S.p.A.
- Zodiac Aerospace S.A.
Read Latest Press Release By TMR: