Electric Mobility Sparks Future Growth Prospects Amid Industry Downturn Due to COVID-19
The COVID-19 crisis has had a multifaceted impact on the automotive industry, which has led to a significant decrease in vehicle production and inventories. However, electric mobility is gaining momentum, and is creating long-term value grab opportunities for companies in the automotive electric oil pump market. Manufacturers are expanding their businesses in China, since the country has one of the highest numbers of e-car fleets, followed by the U.S.
In 2021, industry expects sales to continue to recover. However, it is anticipated that it could even take up to 3-5 years for the automotive industry to return to its normalcy, based on downturns incurred in the year 2020, due to the coronavirus outbreak. As such, newly registered passengers in electric mobility are predicted to keep economies running in the automotive electric oil pump market.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report sample here https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=46926
New Electric Oil Pumps Ensure Good Performance at Low Oil Temperatures
The automotive electric oil pump market is slated to clock as astonishing CAGR of ~24% during the forecast period. However, there is a need for electric oil pumps that overcome the problem of low torque at low speeds to ensure good performance even at very low oil temperatures. Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has recognized this issue and is gaining proficiency to develop electric oil pumps that cool the transmission in a hybrid car.
Companies in the automotive electric oil pump market are developing systems that maintain the oil pressure in the transmission while the engine is at halt.
Custom Designed Electric Oil Pumps Enhance Energy Efficiency in EVs
Smart solutions for actuation, lubrication, and cooling in electric vehicles (EVs) are translating into revenue opportunities for manufacturers in the automotive electric oil pump market. Bosch Mobility Solutions is gaining popularity for its electric oil pumps that are compact, optimize pumping elements, and lower noise vibration harshness. Companies in the automotive electric oil pump market are tapping into incremental opportunities in India, since Tata Motors, Mahindra Group, and Maruti Suzuki India Limited have announced to launch of EVs under INR 15 lacs for Indian buyers.
Modular power classes and hydraulic components in oil pumps are revolutionizing electric mobility. Custom designed electric oil pumps are enabling automated transmission lubrication and cooling. With fully integrated design pumps, motors, and electronic control units, the result is energy savings.
Electronic Transmission Oil Pumps Eliminating Need of Electrolytic Capacitors
The automotive electric oil pump market is expected to exceed the valuation of US$ 76.4 Bn by 2031. Intelligent transmission oil pumps for high performance applications have the potential to fully replace mechanical pumps. Vitesco Technologies – a producer of efficient electrification technologies for vehicles is developing electronic transmission oil pumps that are eliminating the need of electrolytic capacitors.
Manufacturers in the automotive electric oil pump market are increasing their R&D muscle to integrate sensors in electronic transmission oil pumps that reduce further efforts with the wiring. Such oil pumps are gaining prominence in battery EVs, commercial vehicles, and off-highway applications.
12V Electric Pumps with Wet Rotor Design Prevents Dynamic Seal Failure
Improved thermal management for longer high performance duty cycles is being preferred by automakers. Concentric AB— a supplier of diesel engine oil pumps, has announced to join forces with ZF Friedrichshafen AG— a Germany-based car parts maker to develop new electric oil pumps that are suitable for 12V supply. Apart from 24V electric oil pumps, manufacturers in the automotive electric oil pump market are innovating in 12V electric oil pumps, as its wet rotor design prevents dynamic seal failure.
Intelligently packaged and low noise electric pump designs are creating revenue opportunities for companies in the automotive electric oil pump market. Brushless DC motor designs with 12V supply are revolutionizing electric mobility. Growing concerns about vehicle emissions are boosting the demand for EVs, whilst fueling the demand for electric oil pumps.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Buy now Report here https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=46926<ype=S
Automotive Electric Oil Pump Market: Overview
- The global automotive electric oil pump market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~24% during the forecast period, owing to rising concerns about the environment and carbon emission across the globe. Increase in global carbon footprint and stringent emission norms are driving the preference of the automotive industry toward electric vehicles, which is likely to increase the demand for electric oil pump in vehicles.
- Rise in demand for fuel-efficient vehicles coupled with stringent emission limits has prompted manufacturers to install electric oil pumps in their vehicles, which is anticipated to significantly propel the automotive electric oil pump market across the globe. Increase in sales of vehicles across the globe due to decline in tax rates on vehicles is also a key factor fueling the demand for electric oil pumps in vehicles.
Drivers of Automotive Electric Oil Pump Market
- Rising vehicle electrification, including electric power steering is likely to increase the demand for electric oil pump across the globe. Enactment of stringent emission norms across the globe is prompting vehicle manufacturers to develop lightweight vehicles to enhance fuel-efficiency of their vehicles. An electric oil pump is an oil pump driven by an electric motor, and is used to maintain oil pressure and lubricate the automobile components during engine stop of stop-start vehicles. Electric oil pumps are needed for hybrid electric vehicles and vehicles with idling start-stop systems. These pumps, which are able to supply oil even when the engine is switched off are characterized by high voltage, oil-pressure, and flow rate with less noise. This is anticipated to boost the automotive electric oil pump market across the globe.
- Wide spread of the pandemic across the globe is prompting consumers to own vehicles, which is likely to increase the sale of vehicles and subsequently, boost the installation of electric oil pumps in vehicles in order to increase the performance of vehicles. This is likely to boost the automotive electric oil pump market across the globe.
Challenges for Automotive Electric Oil Pump Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a majority of businesses across the globe to crumble, owing to forced shutdown of production and manufacturing activities. This has led the global economy to contract to its lowest growth rate. Majority of businesses in every industry are codependent and are a part of major supply chain in the market. Disruption in supply chain attributing to stoppage of transportation and shipping services and reduced demand for vehicles across the globe is likely to cause the global automotive industry to contract in Q1 and Q2 of 2020.
- Advancements in material, components, and systems boost the price of the electric oil pump as compared to that of the conventional oil pump. Consequently, the price of the vehicle equipped with an electric oil pump is higher, due to the high price of the automotive electric oil pump. This is likely to hamper the market during forecast period.