Smart Bumper: Introduction
- A smart or intelligent bumper is a structure designed to absorb the impact of a road accident and offer protection to various pedestrian safety and driver assistance systems. Smart bumper has an integrated radar, front grill with de-icing system, lighting system based on flexible optical fibers, along with impact detection and absorption system.
- The smart bumper is a non-structural panel in the front of the vehicle, which is designed to absorb the impact of a collision and minimize the force transferred to the passenger compartment. The radar sensor placed in the smart bumper enhances vehicle safety and aids several functions such as blind spot assist, traffic sign assist, and lane keeping assist. The smart bumper has integrated active grilles and dams to improve fuel economy, radar, lighting system, and de-icing system for the front grille.
Purchase our Premium Research Report at:https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=70446<ype=S
Key Drivers of Global Smart Bumper Market
- Automakers such as Volvo and Ford have tested and planned to deploy airbags on bumpers to improve pedestrian safety. Demand for smart bumper is driven by the focus of automakers on improvement of safety rating of their vehicles and promotion of sales. Rising competition among automakers and increasing demand to improve vehicle safety are projected to boost the demand for smart bumpers.
- Bumpers are fitted with RADAR sensors in order to incorporate various ADAS features, such as blind spot detection, collision prevention, and attention assist. Rising penetration of ADAS among premium vehicles is boosting the demand for smart bumpers. Rising consumer affordability for advanced technologies and automation in vehicles is anticipated to drive the smart bumper market.
- Rise in demand for vehicles and consistent investments by automakers in research and development of cost effective, environment-friendly, and low toxic products with a high life within the industry, is likely to drive the global smart bumper market
Original Equipment Manufacturers Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- OEMs are focused on the development of guard airbags, which are intended to shield the people on foot from colliding with vehicles, thereby reducing the odds of genuine wounds and fatalities. This was one of the measures to improve the security of pedestrians, driven by the guidelines of different specialists. The auto industry is witnessing an auxiliary move as far as utilization of lightweight materials and motor scaling back to accomplish higher eco-friendliness. The joining of highlights builds the general load of a vehicle. This drives the requirement for the utilization of lightweight materials to produce lighter guards. Utilization of lightweight materials helps enhance the efficiency and decrease CO2 emission. This, in turn, offers opportunity to the global smart bumper market.
COVID–19 Pandemic to hamper market
- The COVID-19 crisis is affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business lockdowns. The global materials industry is suffering serious disruptions such as supply chain breaks, office shutdowns, and others. For instance, China is a global manufacturing hub and raw material supplier of various industries; it is also one of the worst affected countries. The lockdown of various plants and factories in China is restricting the global supply chains and disrupting manufacturing, delivery schedules, and various material sales. Various companies announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. All these factors are anticipated to hamper the global smart bumper market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Smart Bumper Market:
- North America is a highly lucrative region for the global automotive industry, which can be attributed to employment opportunities and increased standards of living in the region. So, North America accounts for a prominent share of the global smart bumper market. North America is also home to a significantly high number of manufacturing units. Latin America follows North America, as Brazil and Mexico and other countries in the region have considerable number of manufacturing units. High purchasing power parity of people in North America has led to high preference for premium vehicles among people in the region, which has ultimately fuels the smart bumper market.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global smart bumper market is consulted with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global smart bumper market are:
- Compagnie Plastic Omnium SA
- Magna International Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Ford Motor Company
- Autoliv Inc.
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- REHAU AG Co.
- Valeo SA
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Global Smart Bumper Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Bumper Market, by Material Type
Global Smart Bumper Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Smart Bumper Market, by Sales Channel
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,