Service Provider Router Market: Introduction
- A router is a network device that transfers data packets between computer networks. Routers that work on layer 2 and layer 3 of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model are known as service provider routers.
Service Provider Router Market: Dynamics
Rise in Industrial Revolution 4.0 Accelerated Demand for Service Provider Routers for Strong Networking
- Rise in industrial revolution 4.0 has accelerated adoption of machine-to-machine connected devices and industrial robots in various industries. Increase in adoption of industrial robotics to decrease production costs by reducing production waste and time, improve quality, reliability, and security requires strong networking to send data packets for m2m communication. For instance, according to the International Federation of Robotics, in 2017, the supply of industrial robots was 381,000 units globally. This supply is expected to reach 630,000 units by 2024. Similarly, increase in adoption of advanced technologies such as IoT/machine-to-machine (m2m) is a key factor driving the market. For instance, by 2024, number of m2m connected devices is expected to reach 14.6 million. Hence, rise of industrial revolution 4.0 has fueled the need for strong networking which, in turn, has boosted the demand for the service provider router market.
Get Sample Copy@:
- In addition, increase in adoption of cloud platform has accelerated the service provider router market globally. Organizations adopt cloud platform for task automation and cost optimization. Deployment of cloud platform helps organizations for better control on pricing and better utilization of advanced technology development. Increase in computing instances on cloud data centers is a key factor driving the service provider router market. By 2024, 94% of the workload and computing instances are estimated to be processed at cloud data centers, with only 6% processed at traditional data centers.
North America Expected to Hold Major Share in Global Service Provider Router Market
- Based on region, the service provider router market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant position in the global service provider router market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the service provider router market in this region. The dominant position of the market in the region can be attributed to presence of market leaders such as Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Cisco Systems, Inc., and Nokia Corporation and increasing complexity in network infrastructure.
- The service provider router market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries which drive the service provider router market in the region. Increase in number of enterprises shifting from conventional platforms to cloud platforms fuels the market in the Asia Pacific.
Service Provider Edge Router Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- Based on router type, the service provider router market is segmented into service provider core router and service provider edge router. The service provider edge router segment held a dominant position in the market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period with a high growth rate. Increase in requirement of a strong network which connects billions of devices have accelerated the demand for service provider edge router which have an ability to provide service to residential and business on a common Infrastructure.
Key players operating in the global service provider router market:
- Some of the key players in the global service provider router market are listed below:
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A
- ZTE Corporation
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Figure: Global service provider router market, by competative landscape
Global service provider router market: research scope
Global service provider router market, by router type
- Service Provider Core Routers
- Service Provider Edge Routers
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Figure: Global service provider router market, by router type
Global service provider router market, by region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]