Suppliers Prioritize Orders for Healthcare, Essential Industries amid Coronavirus Outbreak
Polybag mailers have witnessed an unprecedented demand during the COVID-19 outbreak, and stakeholders continue to witness its growth in the usage of food, medical, household, and small business applications. Manufacturers in the North America polybag mailers market are taking advantage of this opportunity to remain fully operational in order to meet customer demands. They are processing orders and enquiries, and prioritizing orders for healthcare and other essential industries.
As companies in the North America polybag mailers market continue to work at breakneck speeds, they are taking measures to ensure the health and safety of their staff and customers. In countries such as India, suppliers are experiencing a volatile demand, since even eCommerce deliveries were temporarily suspended in certain states to lower the number of active coronavirus cases.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Polybag Mailers Market
Are Polybag Mailers Ideal for eCommerce Packaging?
Polybag mailers are an ideal packaging for non-fragile items such as apparels, shoes, and books, among others. However, poly mailers are vulnerable to tearing or ripping, while being shipped to their destination. In many cases, they are not readable by scanning machine at the post office if filled improperly. The fragmented nature of the North America polybag mailers market explains a modest CAGR of 3.4% during the assessment period. Hence, manufacturers are mainly focusing on the development of waterproof and lightweight polybag mailers for packaging of fabrics, arts & prints, and accessories.
Poly mailers are increasingly replacing corrugated boxes, owing to their cost effectiveness and less space occupancy attributes.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Polybag Mailers V/S Boxes: Which is Better?
The North America polybag mailers market is expected to reach ~US$ 2 Bn by 2031. Customers are gaining awareness about choosing the right packaging for shipments, which determine everything, right from shipping costs to whether the products arrive safely at consumers’ doorstep.
In order to choose between boxes and poly mailers, the usage depends on the product that needs to be packaged. For instance, manufacturers in the North America polybag mailers market are boosting their output capacities for the packaging of apparel, whereas eCommerce companies are using cardboard boxes to package shoes. Stakeholders are avoiding the use of polybag mailers for fragile items including sunglasses and foods such as chips, unless these products are already placed in sturdy packaging.
Earth-friendly Shipping Solutions Transforming Market Landscape
The increased plastic usage in the global packaging industry has raised concerns about its waste into the environment. Hence, suppliers and stakeholders in the North America polybag mailers market are turning toward eco-friendly options such as recycled poly bags and biodegradable poly mailers to boost their credibility. Brands that are built on an environment-conscious mission are opting for recycled poly mailers.
EcoEnclose – a provider of earth-friendly shipping solutions is gaining recognition for its 100% recycled ivory poly mailers made with 100% recycled content and 50% post-consumer content with a reusable tear strip. Manufacturers in the North America polybag mailers market are taking cues from such innovations to increase R&D in compostable poly mailers.
Custom Branding, Packaging Solutions Creating Revenue Opportunities
Customized polybag mailers are a new rage in the market landscape. Companies in the North America polybag mailers market are unlocking growth opportunities with custom branding and custom packaging solutions that help shipments to stand out. Brands are eager to include logos, colors, and imagery in poly mailers to meet aesthetic requirements of customers.
Manufacturers in the North America polybag mailers market are increasing their production capabilities in regular white poly mailers, bubble padded mailers, expansion poly mailers, and eco-friendly options. Poly mailers are gaining prominence in heavy-duty applications to protect products from moisture during shipping. These poly mailers are puncture-, tamper-, and tear-resistant in nature. Manufacturers are incorporating dual adhesive strips in poly mailers for reuse.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Polybag Mailers Market
North America Polybag Mailers Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the North America polybag mailers market for the historical period of 2016–2020 and forecast period of 2021–2031, the market is expected to be driven by consistent rise of the eCommerce industry in North America
- The North America polybag mailers market is expected to clock a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period
- Excellent dimensional stability and sufficient capacity for products to be held are estimated to increase the consumption of polybag mailers in North America. This has resulted in a noteworthy demand for polybag mailers solutions across North America.
Use of Bioplastic Materials to Keep Polybag Mailer Manufacturers in Lead
- Manufacturers are inclined toward flexible formats for shipping & logistics, when it comes to transit protective packaging. Hence, plastic accounts for a large share as a raw material when making protective packaging solutions such as bubble mailers. Stringent government regulations on plastic usage and increase in awareness about environmental sustainability are expected to inhibit the adoption of plastic packaging in the near future. Therefore, bioplastic is considered as an alternative, which aims to replace petroleum-based plastic with natural byproducts, improving recyclability and sustainability.
- Manufacturers’ choice of material will affect the consumer viewpoint for padded mailers in the upcoming years. Various leading players in the padded mailer market are introducing recyclable bubble sheets to maintain their foothold in the market. Recyclable grade polyethylene can be used in order to reduce the environmental impact of bubble wrap.
- All these factors are likely to reinforce the North America polybag mailers market growth substantially
North America Polybag Mailers Market: Key Findings
- Based on material, a significant portion of the market share is captured by the plastic segment. It is expected to account for ~2/3rd of the total market share by the end of 2031. Better product protection and reusability, along with the moisture resistance of plastic polybag mailers give thrust to the demand.
- In terms of application, the consumer electronics packaging segment is expected to account for a prominent share of nearly 1/4th of the total market share by the end of forecast period
- In terms of seal type, the self-adhesive sealing segment is anticipated to be leading the polybag mailers market during the forecast period. Self-adhesive refers to peeling the seal and reclosing after packaging the product to ensure damage-proof delivery throughout the supply chain.
- The United States is expected to account for around 85% of the North America market value share by 2025, and is expected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period
Availability of Alternatives Restraining Growth of Market
- Decreasing preference for plastic products and inclination of consumers toward sustainable product manufacturing may hamper the growth of the North America polybag market over the next 10 years. Bubble wraps are single-use plastic products, which, when disposed, affect the environment negatively. Various leading manufacturers in the transit packaging industry came up with paper-based and eco-friendly alternatives for plastic-based products. The flexible packaging segment has been witnessing a change in the consumption scenario in the retail sector.
- Alternative products such as paper cushions, paper crinkles, paper crushes, and inserts & dividers are used for filling and protection. Leading players in the polybag mailers market are also offering these paper-based cushioning products, which is expected to obstruct the growth of the polybag mailers market in the upcoming years. However, some manufacturers are investing in making recyclable padded mailers, which is expected to contribute to the flexible protective packaging market in the near future.
North America Polybag Mailers Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR studied that the North America polybag mailers market is highly competitive for new players, owing to established players operating the market. This rivalry among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the companies over the past five years.
- In the recent study on the polybag mailers market, the TMR team included profiles of leading players. This includes
- Sealed Air Corp.
- Intertape Polymer Group Inc.
- PAC Worldwide Corporation
- Storopack Inc.
- Pregis LLC
- Proampac LLC
- Soft Packaging Inc.
- Riverside Paper Co. Inc.
- ARIV PAK
- Bravo Pack Inc.
- Four Star Plastics
- Rainbow Poly Bag Co., Inc.
- International Plastics Inc.
- among others
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, Sealed Air Corp., Pregis LLC, and PAC Worldwide Corporation have been identified as Tier 1 players. In 2019, these companies hold a cumulative market share of ~20-25%. The Tier 2 players include Storopack Inc., ProAmpac LLC, Intertape Polymer Group Inc., and some other major players. Tier 3 players are Riverside Paper Co. Inc., Soft Packaging Inc, ARIV PAK, Bravo Pack Inc, Thomas Tape and Supply Company, Inc, Four Star Plastics, Rainbow Poly Bag Co., Inc, International Plastics Inc.
COVID-19 to Offer Growth Opportunities to Polybag Mailers Market
- North America consumption of polybag mailers products is projected to reach 3,000 tons by 2031 due to rapid growth in Asian and African regions
- Consumer electronics is a prominent application in the market; however, pharmaceuticals and medical devices are major demand-generating applications of products packaging. Cumulatively, these segments are anticipated to capture over 40% of the polybag mailers market by 2031.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453