Palmer Hyperhidrosis Treatment: Introduction
- Hyperhidrosis is a disorder that results in excessive sweating of palms, soles, or underarms. Palmer hyperhidrosis is excessive and uncontrollable hand sweating, and it is the most common type of hyperhidrosis.
- The sweating may range from mild to severe. The condition begins in childhood and may worsen with time. The condition is not life-threatening; however, it affects the quality of life affected individuals. Persons affected with the condition may become self-conscious and socially withdrawn, leading to depression.
- Palmer hyperhidrosis may be caused due to genetic influence or as a result of some medical conditions or reaction to medication. The condition is usually diagnosed with the thermoregulatory sweat test. In the test, a powder sensitive to moisture is applied to the skin, which changes color if excessive sweating occurs at room temperature.
Request Brochure –
Key Drivers of Global Palmer Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market
- The palmer hyperhidrosis treatment market is expected to expand at a rapid pace. A rise in the prevalence of hyperhidrosis, increased R&D spending, rich product pipeline, and increase in awareness regarding the condition are major factors that are expected to drive the global palmer hyperhidrosis treatment market.
- However, a lack of permanent treatment options may restraint the global palmer hyperhidrosis treatment market
Request COVID Analysis on Palmer Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market –
Primary Focal Hyperhidrosis Segment to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of type, the global palmer hyperhidrosis treatment market can be classified into primary focal hyperhidrosis and secondary generalized hyperhidrosis
- Primary focal hyperhidrosis is excessive sweating that is not caused by any medical condition or medications. It usually begins in childhood. Secondary generalized hyperhidrosis is caused by medical conditions or side-effects of certain medication. The primary focal hyperhidrosis segment held a prominent share of the market in 2020, and it is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period.
Request Customization on Palmer Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market Report –
Surgical Treatments Segment to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on treatment, the global palmer hyperhidrosis treatment market can be categorized into topical treatments, surgical treatments, iontophoresis, botulinum toxin A, systemic treatments, and others
- The surgical treatments segment dominated the market in 2020, due to high acceptance and success rates of minimally invasive surgical procedures for the treatment of palmer hyperhidrosis in developed countries. According to an article published by NCBI, Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy (ETS) is a widely accepted, safer, and more effective method for the treatment of palmer hyperhidrosis with comparatively higher success rates.
Hospitals Segment to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on end-user, the global palmer hyperhidrosis treatment market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the market in 2020, due to high preference for hospitals for surgical treatments. This segment is expected to dominate the market during forecast period.
Pre Book Palmer Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market Report –
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Palmer Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global palmer hyperhidrosis treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2020, due to high prevalence of palmer hyperhidrosis in the region and a rise in awareness about the condition. According to the Archives of Dermatological Research, the prevalence of hyperhidrosis is 4.8%, i.e., approximately 15.3 million people in the U.S.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid CAGR, owing to a rise in awareness, increase in per capita income, and improvement in healthcare infrastructure in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Palmer Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market
The global palmer hyperhidrosis treatment market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global palmer hyperhidrosis treatment market are:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Ulthera, Inc.
- Dermira, Inc.
- Brickell Biotech, Inc.
- August Wolff GmbH & Co.
- Revance Therapeutics, Inc.
- Miramar Labs, Inc.
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Medical Waste Containers Market –
Pharmaceutical Water Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453