High Internet Penetration Coupled with Dwindling Internet Prices to Fuel Market Growth
Over the past decade, owing to advancements in technology and dwindling costs of smartphones, mobile penetration is at its all-time high and as per the current observations, the trend is set to continue over the upcoming years. Mobile applications have gained noteworthy popularity among smartphone users in both, developing as well as developed regions of the world. Trends in the past few years have pointed out that usage of mobile applications has been comparatively higher than that of mobile web and desktop. Despite the soaring adoption of thousands of mobile applications, the content delivery network (CDN) infrastructure that is primarily being used in mobile applications is gradually turning obsolete or hindering the user experience.
Conventional mobile CDNs predominantly focus on the first mile and the middle mile, and shun away the last mobile mile i.e. the distance between the edge server and the user. However, due to major improvements in the overall CDN infrastructure coupled with large-scale adoption of smartphones, the latency has gradually moved to the last mobile mile in various geographical regions. At present, players operating in the current mobile CDN market are extensively focusing on content acceleration in mobile networks to gain a competitive edge. Advancements in cloud technology, along with the advent of 5G technology is expected to play a key role in boosting the growth of the mobile CDN market during the forecast period. At the back of these factors, along with consistent improvements in mobile CDN infrastructure, the global mobile CDN market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 248 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Mobile CDN Market
High Adoption from Gaming Industry to Aid Market Growth
The gaming sector has witnessed a multifold growth over the past decade-and-a-half. At present, game publishers and developers are required to address several challenges to seamlessly launch online games. Gaming companies have increasingly turned toward mobile CDNs to address challenges related to the performance and speed of downloading game updates, downloads, and patches. As new technologies continue to hit the market at a consistent rate, the overall size of game downloads has increased rapidly. In addition, improvements in hardware across personal computers, gaming consoles, and handheld devices coupled with faster Internet speeds are also some of the leading factors that have increased the size of downloads across the gaming sector. A large number of trending online games rely on a revenue model which includes upgrades, in-game purchases, and other micro-transactions, including purchasing downloadable content (DLC) due to which, improving the overall pre-gaming user experience is essential.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The performance of patches and updates plays a key role in influencing the overall profitability of an online game and mobile CDNs offer immense promise in overcoming these challenges. Mobile CDNs empower gaming companies to deliver the required patches and downloads at a rapid pace and at the same time, mitigates the chances of download failure and server crashes. Due to these benefits, the adoption of mobile CDNs across the gaming sector is likely to remain high during the assessment period– a factor that is expected to boost the growth of the mobile CDN market.
Onset of 5G Networks to Boost Demand for Mobile CDNs
The exponential rise in the number of Internet users over the past decade has played a key role in the development of the mobile CDN market. The growing popularity of video content on various online platforms, including OTT, YouTube, and STB is expected to provide several opportunities to market participants operating in the current mobile CDN market. In addition, as mobile CDNs also play an essential role in minimizing transmission delays and loading time from data centers, the demand is expected to witness consistent growth. While the online video content sphere is likely to remain a promising end-use sector, the adoption of mobile CDN is expected to receive a further push from the introduction of a 5G mobile network. The entry of 5G infrastructure will pave the way for larger bandwidth due to which, the demand for high-quality video services is anticipated to increase at a rapid pace. The demand for mobile CDN infrastructure that offers high-performance video distribution with low latency and transcoding is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period– another leading factor that is projected to fuel the growth of the mobile CDN market.
Demand to Remain High amid COVID-19 as Usage of OTT Platforms Grows
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted operations across a host of industrial sectors. While governments across the world continue to rope in efforts to contain the novel coronavirus, the impact of the COVID-19 event on the mobile CDN market is likely to remain low. The growing adoption of video content services and online games during the COVID-19 pandemic due to lockdowns in various nations is expected to provide considerable opportunities for participants operating in the current mobile CDN market landscape.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Mobile CDN Market
Mobile CDN Market: Overview
- The global mobile CDN market is expected to reach ~US$ 248 Bn by 2030 from US$ 12.5 Bn in 2020, expanding at a CAGR of ~35% from 2020 to 2030
- The global mobile CDN market is currently driven by increasing adoption of mobile Internet and smartphones among end users. The mobile CDN market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Growing adoption of smartphones and increasing number of viewers for live video streaming have propelled the demand for mobile CDN in the region.
- China is the most attractive market in Asia Pacific. The incremental opportunity is significantly higher for China as it accounts for a dominant share of the mobile CDN market in the region
- The mobile CDN market report provides analysis of the global mobile CDN market for the period 2018 – 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year, 2020 is the estimated year, and 2020 to 2030 is the forecast period. Data for 2018 has been included as historical information.
- A mobile content delivery network (CDN), also known as mobile content distribution network (CDN), is a network of servers – computers, systems, or devices – that collaborate transparently to enhance the delivery of content to end users or customers on any kind of mobile or wireless network. Mobile CDN helps integrate mobile-based content delivery services that optimize the distribution of on-demand video, live video streaming, and other content assets.
- In this report, we analyze the challenges end users face in acquiring the right mobile CDN that can cope with the rapidly changing world. The report also highlights the total revenue generated through the sale of mobile CDNs across various key regions worldwide.
North America Mobile CDN Market Snapshot
- The mobile CDN market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by Europe. North America remains the leading market for mobile CDNs, with revenues in 2020 estimated at US$ 4,384.9 Mn.
- Strong presence of mobile CDN vendors, along with high spending in R&D in North America is a crucial factor fueling the market growth. New enhancements related to mobile CDN are primarily introduced in the U.S. and then marketed around the world. According to GSMA Intelligence, the penetration of 5G connections in North America is expected to reach 48% of the total connections by the end of 2025. 5G enables high-speed Internet bandwidth connectivity to end users. This will create demand for 5G compatible mobile CDN solutions; thus, the mobile CDN market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period in the region.
Key Growth Drivers of Mobile CDN Market
- Increase in Smartphone Penetration and Proliferation of Mobile Internet – Rising adoption of mobile Internet and smartphones across the globe is expected to boost the use of mobile applications in the coming years. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and mobile video streaming are expected to contribute to majority of mobile data traffic. This is anticipated to increase the adoption of mobile CDN to reduce unnecessary information and compress text while downloading and uploading videos, images, and other content on a mobile network. Thus, increasing usage of mobile Internet and adoption of smartphones is expected to boost the mobile CDN market in the upcoming years. Advent of the 5G technology is anticipated to propel the mobile CDN market during the forecast period. The 5G technology creates the demand for 5G compatible mobile CDN solutions. According to GSMA, 5G connections are expected to reach 1.8 billion by 2025. As per the TMR analysis, at present, mobile 5G is available from 46 operators in 24 markets across the globe. Additionally, around 79 global operators are planning to launch 5G mobile services during the forecast period.
- Rise in Time Spent on Social Media – The Internet has transformed the world. Some statistics show that the amount of time that individuals spend on social media is constantly increasing, which has supported connectivity, expanded the coverage, and improved the bandwidth. This, in turn, is encouraging users to stay connected, access media content, and obtain instant notifications. Users constantly share content in the form of images, texts, and videos.
Key Challenges Faced by Mobile CDN Market Players
- Governments across the world have formulated certain policies and regulations in order to effectively leverage mobile video optimization solutions and services. Thus, stringent regulations regarding online content delivery is anticipated to hamper the mobile CDN market during the forecast period.
Mobile CDN Market: Competition Landscape
- In March 2020, Velocix, an IP video streaming technology provider, launched mobile-optimized content delivery network (CDN) software for 5G video streaming
- In November 2019, CenturyLink, Inc. introduced its new CDN platform to enable businesses to form more secure and highly responsive personalized web application experiences for customers
Mobile CDN Market: Company Profile Snapshot
- Cloudflare Inc.: Incorporated in 2008, Cloudflare Inc. is a San Francisco, California, U.S.-based company offering cloud-based solutions and service worldwide. The content delivery network of the company is one of the world’s largest distributed computing platforms, serving between 15% and 30% of the total web traffic.
- Fastly, Inc.: Fastly, Inc. is a U.S. company that provides content delivery network (CDN) solutions to enhance and scale websites, APIs, and mobile applications. The company’s content delivery network (CDN) platform provides video streaming, application delivery, and cloud security services.
- Other major players operating in the global mobile CDN market and profiled in the report include
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- CacheNetworks, LLC,
- CDN77.com (DataCamp Limited)
- CDNetworks, Inc.
- CenturyLink, Inc. (Level 3 Communications, LLC)
- ChinaCache International Holdings Ltd.
- Google, Inc.
- Imperva, Inc. (Incapsula)
- Internap Corporation
- Jet-Stream Services
- Limelight Networks, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- StackPath, LLC
- Tata Communications Ltd.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Total Server Solutions L.L.C
- Verizon Digital Media Services (EdgeCast)
- ZephyrTel Corporate Group
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453