Drone Logistics and Transportation: Introduction
- Drone, also called unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), can deliver lightweight packages. They generally have 4-8 propellers and rechargeable batteries that provide thrust and attach packages below their bodies.
- Drones can be operated autonomously or remotely, while the operator can have access to multiple drones at once
- Using drones for logistics and transportation saves distribution costs, increases delivery speed, reaches the areas that are difficult to access, reduces urban traffic and CO2 emissions, and operates 24 hours so no shifts are needed.
- In several places around the world, drones are used for time-sensitive deliveries such as medicine, or deliveries that would be difficult to make using traditional vehicles. Use of drones in logistics and transportation can change the economics for smaller and lighter packages over traditional systems.
Get Sample Copy:
Rise in Demand for Drone Logistics and Transportation
- Drones are used in logistics, transporting goods by air or carrying out security tasks. In the U.S., numerous companies have started testing for distribution of products to end customers. Companies such as Stock Logistics use this drone technology for warehousing services.
- Several organizations have started using drones to manage their supply chain and to obtain raw materials. Drones are also utilized in mining, prospecting, and land surveying applications. They are also used in farming and agriculture to inspect plant health and to map crop yields.
- Drones are helpful in manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution facilities. They increase the safety and security also promote overall efficiency.
- In warehousing, drone technology is the best way to track inventory. Walmart is currently testing drones for its warehouse applications. Drones can move small items rapidly, reducing the use of forklifts, or replacing conveyor systems to transport boxes around distribution centers. They can ship inventory between production facilities and distribution centers for fulfillment of orders.
Request For PreBook report@:
North America to Lead Global Drone Logistics and Transportation Market
- North America is leading the global drone logistics and transportation market due to adoption of drones for package delivery by companies such as Amazon, DHL, and UPS
- In terms of application, the civil and commercial segment of the drone logistics and transportation market is projected to expand during the forecast period. Rise in number of deliveries in logistics, especially in the e-commerce sector is rising rapidly in North America, which is fueling the drone logistics and transportation market in the region.
- Rising usage for several commercial and military applications is boosting the drone logistics and transportation market in North America. Drones are used in commercial and military applications for tracking, delivery of food, delivery of medical supplies, border surveillance, delivery of parcels, etc., which is further fueling the drone logistics and transportation market in the region.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Key Players of Global Drone Logistics and Transportation Market
- Drone Delivery Canada
- Airbus SE
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd.
Global Drone Logistics and Transportation Market: Research Scope
Global Drone Logistics and Transportation Market, by Type
Global Drone Logistics and Transportation Market, by Application
- Civil and Commercial
Global Drone Logistics and Transportation Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453