QuickMocker is a robust and yet very simple and intuitive online API mocking solution (tool) for API web services prototyping. It allows software engineers temporary to remove dependencies on other software developers or 3rd parties by creating and managing mock API or fake API while the real web services are still not available.
Imagine that you are a front-end engineer developing your great client app, for instance desktop, mobile or web. But the web services that you require from the back-end team are still missing. Instead of waiting for the real API endpoint(s) from the server side engineer, simply create a dummy API endpoint or fake API mock and continue working on your great app without being blocked. You do not need to know any server side programming languages or technologies to create API stubs. All you need to know is the web service response body (for instance some JSON or XML object) and response HTTP status code. Try to simulate API testing cases with all possible HTTP methods, URL paths, use authorization header for restrictions etc. By the way, there are more than 100 contextual, faker or random short codes available for the response tinplating. This will be handy if you need to provide some information that is similar to real, e.g. generate some fake user profile data like name, phone, email, country, company etc., fake texts, fake payment details and so forth.
If you are a back-end developer and you have difficulties integrating and/or testing web hooks while you application is on the local host, Quick Mocker can help to intercept or capture the event notifications from the 3rd party service and what is most important it can even forward the request to your application on your local environment that does not have any public IP or DNS for more convenient debugging and testing with the help of its unique feature called Local Forwarder.
Create a subdomain (project) for each of your fake API endpoints collection. Stub API endpoints and view API requests log. Dummy API endpoints can be configured to receive multiple HTTP methods, match request URL patterns using regular expression, reorder stub API endpoints using simple drag & drop to set a priority. Use the mocked endpoint proxy feature to test your application on a real web service without a need to rebuild your app every time the new production service is completed by your back-end colleagues. It allows you to switch the app to real web services gradually using Quick Mocker.
Quick Mocker is surely the best option among its rivals for creating API for tests and development because it has a unique set of features and most of them are free. Below we will provide a list of available features for simulating API web services:
- Own subdomain per each stub API collection (project)
- Private management of web API stubs or API endpoints
- Live interception or capturing requests to API prototype without a need to refresh the page
- Forward request to your local host to test a web hook integration with a 3rd parties (e.g. Stripe, Zoom, Godthab, PayPal, Go to, Bit Bucket etc.) using Local Forwarder
- Requests log history – view previous requests to API mock
- API response tinplating using more than 100 short codes that can generate random or faker data
- Cache response body to make random or faker short codes data static (skip generation of new data using short codes on each request)
- Regular Expression (RegExp) URL path for matching multiple URLs with the same dummy API endpoint
- Define multiple HTTP methods per one fake API endpoint to intercept requests with different methods using same endpoint stub
- Re-order endpoints with a simple drag and drop to set a its priority
- Proxy requests through mock API endpoint to any external URL
- Restrict access to the fake API by IP address or Authorization Header to test access denied (403) or unauthorized (401) response cases
- Live chat support, even for free ”mockers” (users)
- Really simple, intuitive and very easy to use interface compared to its competitors.
- Custom subdomain names (for premium users)
- Requests log export (for premium users)
QuickMocker is a software as a service (SaaS) that has 3 subscription plans. It supports monthly and annual subscription periods with a relatively cheap pricing. Subscription plans follows as:
- Free – no credit card required. Simplest registration and you are ready to try out 90% of all the features, but with some quota limitations. For instance in free plan you can create 1 project with a random subdomain name and with a maximum of 10 endpoints. Use up to 50 short codes per endpoint and perform maximum 100 requests per day using your free account. This will be enough for an independent developer working on a small-medium project which does not require a lot of requests.
- Advanced – only 2.99$ per month or 2.49$ per month using annual subscription. Custom subdomain names, 10 projects and 2000 requests per day which is more than enough for the independent developers. For instance 2000 requests allows you to make a request to the fake endpoint every 10 seconds during 6 hours a day. Most likely you don’t code that much per day.
- Expert – 5.99$ per month or 4.99$ per month using annual subscription period. 50 projects (fake API collections) and 10000 requests per day which can be considered to purchase by the small-medium software development companies. As a bonus feature you can export all the request logs to a spreadsheet (CSV file).
Besides, currently QuickMocker provides a 99% discount for those who share their opinion about this API mocking tool on any blogging or discussion sites. Simply write a short comment and get a monthly subscription discount or write an article or review and get an annual subscription discount. Just go to the QuickMocker site and find out more information about it there.
So, speed up your app development with QuickMocker API Mocking solution. Don’t wait for the real API web services from your colleagues that work on the server side. Go to https://quickmocker.com, register a free account and start creating fake API or mocking API endpoints for your application right now!