Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT): Introduction
- Internet of battlefield things (IoBT), also known as internet of military things (IoMT) was a term invented by Dr. Alexander Kott, Chief Scientist of the United States Army Research Lab.
- The internet of battlefield things is a complex network of interrelated entities in the military domain for combat operations and warfare. It is expected to be used in future military battles, where military battles are likely to be dominated by machine intelligence and cyber warfare.
- The internet of battlefield things is a complete system of wearables, IoT devices, and sensors that use edge and cloud computing to create a cohesive fighting force.
- The global internet of battlefield things market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to advancement in technologies across the globe.
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Dynamics
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in demand for better communication and interaction with the physical environment to accomplish a broad range of activities in a more efficient and informed manner in military is estimated to boost the growth of the internet of battlefield things market during the forecast period.
- Additionally, rise in adoption of cloud computing technologies among various sectors is projected to boost the demand for internet of battlefield things across the globe.
- Surge in demand for effective compliance with stringent regulatory laws is a major factor likely to accelerate the market in the next few years.
- Rising demand to increase situational awareness, risk assessment, and response time is also expected to propel the market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
- Increased demand for automated management of combat operations and warfare along with automatic identification the enemy, monitoring of soldiers’ physical and mental state, and syncing of soldiers with weapons systems and other devices across the globe is anticipated to increase the demand for internet of battlefield things during the forecast period. Internet of battlefield things offers high levels of biometric monitoring of human resources, control of weapons, vehicles, context-adaptive unlocking, etc.
Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market: Restraints
- One of the most significant challenges of the internet of battlefield things market is integration and implementation of diverse and dynamic set of sensors, including the worn sensors and static ground sensors of soldiers. Thus, integration challenge is the major factor projected to hinder the global internet of battlefield things market in the next few years.
- Data security and privacy concerns are also likely to hamper the internet of battlefield things market during the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Internet of Battlefield Things (IoBT) Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Developed countries are strongly affected by this pandemic. Most manufacturing or production of goods has been temporarily suspended all over the world. Businesses have been adversely impacted in most countries due to partial or full lockdown. This in turn is projected to indirectly hamper the global internet of battlefield things market in the next few years.
- Lack of industrial activity is expected to result in low cash flows, further hampering the funding of projects. However, companies are collaborated with technology giants to develop digitalization technologies in order to minimize the negative consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on their businesses.
Get More PR by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/integration-of-rfid-technology-widening-application-expanse-to-boost-transportation-management-system-market-immensely-explains-projected-growth-at-whopping-14-3-cagr-for-2020—2030—tmr-301263201.html