Shortcomings of Shorter Chained Chemistry to Increase Adoption of Fluorine-based Plasma Surface Treatment Machines for Leather
The textile industry is continually seeking for new and innovative production techniques to improve the quality of the end product. Advancements in plasma technology over the past couple of decades has put forward plasma surface treatment as a promising solution to attain high-quality products. In recent times, fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machines for leather are increasingly being used to surface treat different types of leather, including aniline leather, pigmented leather, and semi-aniline leather. Although fluorine-based treatment was first introduced in the 1950s, since then, its adoption has witnessed consistent growth. The uptake of fluorochemcial finishes continues to grow at a rapid pace particularly to functionalize fiber for oil repellence, stain and soil releases, enhancing the breathability of textile, improve dyeing ability, and maximize mechanical strength.
The demand for fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machines for leather is on the rise due to the widening applicability of these machines in the production of home textiles, protective clothing, medical textile, outdoor wear, shoes, uniforms, tent canvas, etc. The demand for fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machines for leather is further expected to grow due to the shortcomings of shorter chained chemistry, which in turn are pushing forward alternative techniques to improve the quality of paper, leather, and carpet. The growing demand for leather in different end-use sectors, including automotive, medical, and upholstery is a major factor that is likely to propel the growth of the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market during the forecast period. At the back of these factors, the global fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market is expected to reach ~US$ 6 Mn by the end of 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Fluorine-based Plasma Surface Treatment Machine for Leather Market
Research and Development Activities Continue to Positively Influence Adoption
Research and development activities are likely to play an imperative role in the development of the global fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market during the assessment period. The demand for fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machines for leather is expected to move in the upward trajectory, as various end-use industries apart from the leather sector, including textile and carpet is gradually growing. The progress in plasma technologies and the versatility of plasma surface treatment offer desirable properties. This is expected to play a key role in increasing the demand for fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather in the coming years. Due to additional research and development activities, the number of patents that are being filed across the world within the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market has witnessed a consistent growth. Technological and industrial developments are evolving at a rapid pace in the market for fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machines for leather and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. At present, an array of cutting-edge chemistries and technologies are coming forward and maturing to be deployed at an industrial scale, particularly pertaining to fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Among the different processes within the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market, anti-wrinkle and anti-bacterial processes are likely to remain the most prominent processes wherein fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather are likely to be deployed in large volumes.
Companies to Eye Opportunities in Asia Pacific; Europe to Remain Major Market
Although the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market in Europe is expected to have a higher market share and value during the assessment period over the coming years, this market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at the highest rate due to a host of factors including lenient government regulations pertaining to fluorine emission levels, and high demand for leather products. The thriving automotive sector in nations such as China and India are likely to offer significant opportunities for players operating in the current fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market. However, the impact of the COVID-19 is likely to affect the growth of the market in 2020, as core industries across the world have hit a major dead end. Companies are also projected to focus on expanding their product portfolio to improve their market share by swaying toward inorganic growth strategies, including mergers and acquisition.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Fluorine-based Plasma Surface Treatment Machine for Leather Market
Fluorine-based Plasma Surface Treatment Machine for Leather Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market for the period 2019–2027 (wherein 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period and 2018 is the base year), growing usage of leather in various sectors having different functional properties such as flame retardancy, water & oil repellency, and multifunctional finishing are expected to drive the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market
- Globally, revenue generated by the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market accounted for around ~US$ 4.5 Mn in 2018, and is likely to expand at a CAGR of ~3% in terms of value during the forecast period
Rising Usage of Leather having Functional Properties: A Key Driver
- The growing usage of leather with different functional properties (water & oil repellency, flame retardancy, antimicrobial, etc.) in different industrial sectors is expected to drive the market
- Flame retardant leather is majorly used in manufacturing of personal protective clothing, whereas water & oil repellent leather has increasing demand in all application areas such as manufacturing leather for automotive sectors, and garments
- The functional finish of water & oil repellent leather is obtained using fluorinated chemical composition, which is anticipated to drive the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market. These factors are expected to drive the demand for fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machines during the forecast period.
Manufacturing of High-tech Machinery: Market Opportunity
- Innovation and advancement of high-speed technology and robotic handling functions of fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machines are expected to create favorable opportunities in the market. Plasma surface treatment methods for leather are in an emerging phase. Many manufacturers are manufacturing machines as per the requirement of end users.
- Plasma treatment alters the surface properties of a wide range of materials by improving the adhesion of media. It also cleans and activates the surface, thereby improving the adherence. This is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machines in the near future.
- Furthermore, researchers are developing safer or less harmful compounds for fluorinated chemicals, which can create better opportunities in the coming years
Adverse Effects of Some Fluorinated Chemicals Can Hamper Market Growth
- Fluorinated chemicals are used widely in several industrial sectors due to its water and oil repellent properties. However, the usage of fluorinated chemicals can cause emission of unreacted compounds and by-products, which harm the environment.
- Many scientists are urging consumers to avoid products containing fluorinated chemicals, as they are harmful for health and the environment. This is expected to impact the market for fluorinated chemicals, which may indirectly hamper the growth of the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market.
Fluorine-based Plasma Surface Treatment Machine for Leather Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market include
- Nordson Corporation
- PINK GmbH Thermosysteme
- Diener electronic GmbH + Co. KG
- Plasmatreat GmbH
- Plasma Etch, Inc.
- Europlasma NV
- Kawamura Sangyo Co.,Ltd
- Harrick Plasma
- Eltech Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
Fluorine-based Plasma Surface Treatment Machine for Leather Market: Key Developments
- Prominent manufacturers in the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market are increasing investment in research & development to introduce advancement in technologies to fulfill the demand in the market. Manufacturing companies are also planning to expand their presence in various geographies through mergers & acquisitions and tie-ups with distributors and retailers.
- Some other key developments in the fluorine-based plasma surface treatment machine for leather market are as follows:
- In December 2019, Harrick Plasma announced a new distributor relationship with Alpha Science in South Korea. Alpha Science is located in Seoul and offers customer service and support for Korean universities, national research institutes, and corporate research centers. Alpha Sciences supports the rapidly growing research in the nano-biotechnology sector.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]