Dyschromia Therapeutics: Introduction
Dyschromia refers to a condition marked by any irregular discoloration on the skin, hair or nails, which can present as single or multiple light or dark patches on the skin. A large part of the dyschromia treatment market is saturated and highly generalized. There is an unmet need for more efficacious and safer treatment options, as the available treatments are associated with poor efficacy, low patient compliance, and problematic safety profiles. For instance, Sirona Biochem Corp.’s TFC-1067 demonstrates superior efficacy to hydroquinone, the gold standard, for the treatment of dyschromia. At present, hydroquinone is the gold standard treatment for skin lightening, despite known toxicity, which is an ongoing concern for the FDA and the dermatology community.
Request Brochure –
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market
- Increase in awareness about skin issues is boosting the demand for dyschromia treatment. Patients are now more pro-active about their health and are willing to seek physician’s advice at an early stage. Increase in awareness about the importance of personal appearance and personality development is another major factor driving the global dyschromia treatment market. In a study conducted by Center for Dermatology Research, around 80% of the participants in the U.S. were diagnosed with one or more pigmentation disorders. About 47.3% of the patients admitted to feeling self-conscious about their skin to some degree, 21.8% felt others focused on their skin, 32.7% felt unattractive because of their skin, 32.7% tried to hide their pigmentation, and 23.6% felt their skin affected their activities.
- Adoption of laser-based devices has been rising due to the wide utility of laser devices. Applications include skin photo damage, hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation, removal of unwanted hair, acnes, wrinkles, tattoo removal, facial vein removal, and body contouring. Cost-effectiveness and versatility of laser devices are also major factors driving the adoption and usage of laser procedures in the dyschromia treatment market.
Request COVID Analysis on Dyschromia Therapeutics Market –
- Dyschromia adversely impacts a person’s quality of life. Increase in disposable income of the people has led to an improvement in the standard of living in developed and emerging economies of the world. Additionally, rise in pigmentation disorders across age-groups and increase in expenditure on personal care are driving the demand for dyschromia treatment.
North America to Lead Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market
- In terms of region, the global dyschromia therapeutics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are likely to account for major share of the global dyschromia therapeutics market during the forecast period, owing to developed health care infrastructure, large patient population, and increase in technological developments in these regions.
Request Customization on Dyschromia Therapeutics Market Report –
Key Players Operating in Global Dyschromia Therapeutics Market
- The global dyschromia therapeutics market is fragmented, with the presence of less number of small-scale companies in drug development. The global dyschromia treatment market is built on the principle of new product innovation. Major market players invest significantly in research and development to improve the effectiveness of products, such as skin whitening cosmetics, chemical peels in combination with topicals, and multi-utility pigmentation skin care products.
- The treatment landscape for dyschromia has been traditionally dominated by generalized topical therapies such as hydroquinone
- Research in dyschromia has led to the development of topical drugs and phototherapy, with the ability to target specific mediators involved in dyschromia. Unmet needs in dyschromia therapeutics are creating significant opportunities for investors. Investment in R&D of cost-effective solutions is a focus area of major companies. This is expected to boost the global dyschromia therapeutics market in the next few years.
Pre Book Dyschromia Therapeutics Market Report –
Leading companies operating in the global dyschromia therapeutics market are:
- Bayer AG
- ALLERGAN (AbbVie Inc.)
- Galderma S.A. (Nestle Skin Health S.A)
- Pierre Fabre
- EpiPharm AG
- RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Obagi Cosmeceuticals LLC (Obagi medical)
- Vivier Pharma
- Sirona Biochem’s
- Menarini Group
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Medical Waste Containers Market –
Pharmaceutical Water Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453