Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market: Overview
- According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), direct-to-consumer laboratory tests are diagnostic tests marketed directly to consumers without the involvement of a health care provider
- In case of direct-to-consumer laboratory tests, the customer collects the sample such as urine & saliva and then sends it to the company for testing and analysis
- Some direct-to-consumer laboratory tests are based on clinical data that support the information and analysis provided while other tests may have varying levels of evidence supporting their claims
- The global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in consumer awareness & education about these tests, rise in number of people using these tests proactively, and growing trend for using direct-to-consumer laboratory testing for ancestry
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=75779
Drivers of Global Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market
- Rise in emphasis on patient-driven health care and easy access to patients as consumers through various sources such as internet and media are expected to drive the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market
- Increase in adoption of direct-to-consumer laboratory testing for assessing diet & nutrition, cost-effectiveness, and increase in demand for easy-to-use test kits are various factors expected to support the growth of the direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market during the forecast period
- In December, Vitagene launched two health and wellness products based on DNA test results. These products are expected to enhance the company`s health and wellness services by including tailored food plans and customized exercise regimens
Genetic Testing Segment to Gain Market Share
- Based on test type, the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market can be classified into blood cell count, cholesterol level testing, HIV testing, pregnancy testing, substance abuse testing, urinalysis, and genetic testing
- The genetic testing segment is anticipated to gain significant share in the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market during the forecast period, owing to new product launch, increase in number of market players offering direct-to-consumer genetic test kits, and enormous growth in direct-to-consumer testing, especially in developed countries across the globe
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market, Ask for a Customized Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=75779
Disease Risk Assessment Segment to Exhibit Significant Growth
- Based on application, the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market can be classified into disease risk assessment, diet & nutrition, health & fitness, ancestry testing, and others
- The disease risk assessment segment is anticipated to gain significant share in the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market during the forecast period, owing to rise in importance for early diagnosis of disease diagnostic and increase in prevalence of cancer, diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular diseases
- In January 2019, 23andMe received Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for a consumer test for hereditary colorectal cancer syndrome
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market during the forecast period. Growth of the direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market in the region can be ascribed to the huge discounts offered by companies, high acceptance of home use test kits among adults, and rise in emphasis on fitness
- In the U.S., 23andme Test – Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service was available at a special price of US$ 99 on Black Friday, which was originally priced at US$ 199
Pre Book A Report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=75779<ype=S
Key Players in Global Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing Market
Major players operating in the global direct-to-consumer laboratory testing market are:
- 23andMe, Inc.
- Any Lab Test Now, Inc.
- Counsyl, Inc.
- Gene by Gene, Ltd.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
- Veritas Genetics
- Vitagene, Inc.
Related Reports Press-Release –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]