Healthcare, Test Instrument Applications Fuel Product Demand During COVID-19 Crisis
Companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation and ensuring the health & safety of its employees, customers, and partners. Renaissance Electronics & Communications – electronics manufacturer in Harvard, Massachusetts, is manufacturing products that are deemed essential and critical as per issued guidelines, catering to the healthcare, communications, and military applications.
Apart from essential industries, new product launches are ensuring revenue flow in the global electromechanical microwave switch market during the pandemic. NSCA Technologies & Tra-Cal Lab is gaining recognition for launching its new multiport electromechanical switches that deploy high performance in test applications. Reliable and high-density multiport electromechanical switches are being developed for signal monitoring & routing applications. Manufacturers are adhering to stringent manufacturing specifications to test every switch cycle that meets highly repeatable switching requirements for test instruments and switching interfaces.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market
Demand for RF Switches Surges with Advancement in 5G Infrastructure
The electromechanical microwave switch market is estimated to cross valuation of US$ 1.6 Bn by 2030. However, there is a need to enable electrification for everything and deploy wireless proliferation call for the reinvention of a fundamental electronics industry building block, i.e. the RF (radiofrequency) switch. Menlo Micro – a California-based technology company that uses material science to develop micro-electromechanical systems switches, is capitalizing on this opportunity to introduce its MM5130 RF Switch, which significantly enhances the quality of RF signals and minimizes distortion in RF systems. The ever-expanding 5G infrastructure is creating revenue opportunities for companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High Power Relay Modules Provide Highest Switching Capacity Based on Electromechanical Relays
High power relay modules are being preferred to deliver high levels of switching capacity in the smallest footprint. Pickering Interfaces – a manufacturer of modular signal switching and simulation products, is being highly publicized for launching its new high-power relay PXI module that provides the industry’s highest switching capacity based on electromechanical relays (EMRs).
Companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market are increasing their production capabilities to design power relays that align for switching heavy AC or DC loads and for controlling large external relays, contactors, and solenoids. These relays are helping to maximize switching density within the chassis as compared to other high current modules aimed at automotive and defense sectors.
Military Grade Double-ridge Waveguide Electromechanical Relay Switches Witness High Demand
Manufacturers in the electromechanical microwave switch market are unlocking business opportunities in aerospace applications. Fairview Microwave Inc. – a supplier of on-demand RF and microwave products is introducing a line of double-ridge waveguide electromechanical relay switches for radar, electronic warfare (EW), and microwave radio applications. Companies are taking cues from such innovation to design switches that perform overbroad radio frequency bands and feature broadband multi-octave frequency coverage.
Companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market are increasing their R&D muscle to develop rugged and military grade packages for radar applications that support an environmentally sealed quick-connect DC-control connector with mate. They are innovating in switches that withstand 100 percent humidity exposure across operating temperatures.
General Purpose Electromechanical RF Switches Grow Prominent in Military Communications
Manufacturers in the electromechanical microwave switch market are introducing compact designs in products. Pasternack – a provider of RF and microwave components & assemblies, is expanding its product portfolio in general purpose 1M lifecycle coaxial packaged electromechanical switches for RF, microwave, and millimeter wave applications. Companies are increasing the availability of switch designs that cover broad frequency bandwidths.
Companies in the electromechanical microwave switch market are bolstering their output capacities in products that align with a broad range of power handling capability ranges. They are developing switches that include desirable features such as latching and failsafe actuators, indicators, and TTL control. General purpose electromechanical RF switches are acquiring prominence in military communications and medical equipment applications.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market
Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global electromechanical microwave switch market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and the forecast period of 2020–2030, increasing adoption of electromechanical microwave switch in aerospace & defense and communication applications is expected to boost the global electromechanical microwave switch market across the world
- In terms of revenue, the global electromechanical microwave switch market is estimated to exceed value of US$ 1.6 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period
High Demand for Electromechanical Microwave Switch in Commercial Aerospace Industry: A Key Driver
- Aerospace is the most lucrative industry for the electromechanical microwave switch market. For commercial aerospace applications, electromechanical microwave switch is primarily used to route signals that operate at specific frequencies with higher levels of power and large bandwidth.
- Furthermore, it works efficiently at elevated temperature with low insertion loss and high isolation. Therefore, electromechanical microwave switch is highly preferred in commercial aerospace.
- High cost and low operating life are major restraints affecting the global electromechanical microwave switch market. However, although functional life of an electromechanical microwave switch is less as compared to a solid state switch, applications that require higher operational lifespan can make use of high-reliability electromechanical microwave switches, which offer incomparable consistency and performance, with operating life up to 10 million cycles. This switch type comprises a ruggedly designed actuator and transmission link that is enhanced for magnetic effectiveness and machine-driven rigidity. Electromechanical microwave switch can also endure more rigorous environmental conditions for sine and random vibration and mechanical shock, and is therefore ideal for aerospace applications.
Increasing Applications of Electromechanical Microwave Switch in Defense Sector
- Along with land, maritime, and air-based threats, the world is facing cyber-related threats, owing to technological developments and digitization. Therefore, countries across the world are strategizing to invest in digital tools and technology integration.
- Furthermore, space is becoming a significant part of the global defense industry network as rising international rigidities might pose a threat to space assets such as satellites, which are often banked on for military operations, including missile targeting, surveillance, and communications
- Thus, intensified geopolitical tension across the world is driving demand for military equipment, which, in turn, is facilitating increased defense spending, further aiding the growth of the electromechanical microwave switch market
- An electromechanical microwave switch can operate down to DC and up into millimeter wave frequencies of 50+ GHz and is not vulnerable to electrostatic discharge (ESD). It has very high power handling capacity and has no video leakage. Therefore, it is considered irreplaceable in military aviation and military communication. Mil-Aerospace accounted for the highest share in 2020 of the electromechanical microwave switch market, owing to the above factors.
Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of electromechanical microwave switch manufacturers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financial data, key product offerings, SWOT analysis, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global electromechanical microwave switch market are
- Dow-Key Microwave Corporation
- Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
- Ducommun Incorporated
- Keysight Technologies
- Charter Engineering, Inc.
- Logus Microwave
- RLC Electronics, Inc.
Electromechanical Microwave Switch Market: Key Developments
- Several design configurations are possible for electromechanical microwave switches, that can range from single-pole/single-throw (SPST) to single-pole/sixteen-throw or higher (SP16T). Furthermore, options/features for actuator type, indicator circuit, terminations, etc. is also available. Therefore, scope of variation in buyer’s specification demand can vary to a great extent.
- Thus, in this case, the products are not standard or undifferentiated and therefore, the buyer power is considerable. Key providers of electromechanical microwave switches, such as Dow-Key Microwave, Keysight Technologies, and Teledyne Coax Switch, are focusing on customizing their product portfolio as per buyer’s requirements due to the above factors.
- In 2018, Radiall launched an internally terminated SP4T & SP6T coaxial switch model that can reach frequencies of 50-52 GHz for 5G communication applications
- In 2017, Dow-Key Microwave Corporation announced Mini MS-Series Matrix to support all-encompassing testing on DUT’s with 0.03 dB insertion loss repeatability across DC to 26.5 GHz. These switches could be controlled remotely via TCP/IP Ethernet and HTTP-Server and had a built-in sequencer feature that allowed the user to program up to ten 500-step sequence programs.
- In the global electromechanical microwave switch market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of electromechanical microwave switch. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global electromechanical microwave switch market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]