Continuous Variable Transmission for automotive: Introduction
- The continuous variable transmission (CVT), also known as step less transmission system, is an automotive transmission. The ratio of the rotational speed of shafts, the input and output shaft of a vehicle fitted with automotive continuous variable transmission can be varied continuously within the given range, providing an infinite number of possible ratios. It provides a smoother driving experience and better fuel economy. A continuous variable transmission continuously transfers power without interruption through a range of speed/torque ratio from engine input to output. This contrasts with manual transmissions that offer a fixed number of gear ratios.
- The continuous variable transmission is a fast shifting transmission in which the torque converter is utilized for transmitting torque. Different types of CVT are available for various applications such as frictional type, electric type, and hydraulic type.
Key Drivers of Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive:
- The various advantages offered by CVT systems have led to an increase in sales of vehicles integrated with these transmission systems. For instance, these systems provide quicker acceleration as compared to conventional automatic or manual transmission systems and help change the engine speed to provide access maximum power. This is likely to boost the continuous variable transmission market for automotive.
- Rise in demand for eco-friendly vehicles across the globe is further driving the CVT systems market. These systems are not only fuel-efficient but also represent a competent transmission option, which produces lower emissions. These factors propel the continuous variable transmission market for automotive across the globe.
- Continuous variable transmission systems are relatively durable and require lower maintenance than their counterparts. They have enhanced hydraulic systems, microprocessors, high-strength steel metal belts, and high-speed sensors that boost the engine handling capacity. Several manufactures such as Toyota are producing hybrid, electric mid-sized hatchback models that are equipped with power-split CVT technology. These systems offers several advantages, such as fixed gear ratio and higher torque handling capability, which are expected to boost their demand. This, in turn, is likely to drive the market for continuous variable transmission for automotive.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report sample here https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=42188
Passenger vehicle segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by the end of the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
- High demand for e-class, crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which in turn is likely to boost the continuous variable transmission market for automotive. Rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market.
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive to hamper market:
- The continuous variable transmission market for automotive is likely to expand during the forecast period due to cost-effectiveness, compact size, better efficiency, and optimized performance of the CVT system. However, the high cost of transmission fluids and a lack of power offered during off road conditions are likely to restrain the continuous variable transmission market for automotive during forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive:
- Asia Pacific comprises rapidly expanding economies, including India, which is likely to witness higher demand for vehicles and consequently, boost the continuous variable transmission market for automotive in the region during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global continuous variable transmission market for automotive due to higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including China and Japan, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. Moreover, availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region coupled with increasing number of local manufacturers is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Buy Now Report here https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=42188<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global continuous variable transmission market for automotive is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the globe operating in the market. A few of the key players operating in the global continuous variable transmission market for automotive are:
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Schaeffler AG
- Aisin Seiki
- AV Automotive Engineering
- Punch Power Train
- IAV Automotive Engineering
- TEAM Industries
- Endurance Technologies Limited
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Gaokin Industry Co., Ltd.
- General Transmissions and Fallbrook Intellectual Property Company LLC
- Robert Bosch GmbH
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive: Research Scope
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Component Type
- Rubber Belt
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Type
- Frictional Type
- Electric Type
- Hydraulic Type
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Fuel
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Sales Channel
Global Continuous Variable Transmission Market for Automotive, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers’ or customers’ journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.