- Automotive airbag silicon is responsible for occupant safety in case of a (head on) collision. Airbags are designed to protect the driver’s and passenger’s head in case of a crash. Sensors in the airbag systems detect the impact of collision and calculate the intensity of collision to deploy the airbag.
- Increase in research and development activities and the demand for vehicle passenger safety systems has led to advancements in the airbag system of vehicles. Airbag systems are more reliable as compared to older systems. Airbag silicon is vital for the correct deployment of the airbag system when the vehicle accelerates or decelerates suddenly.
Key drivers of Automotive Airbag Silicon Market
- Rise in production of vehicles integrated with growing safety standards across the globe is likely to propel the automotive airbag silicon market across the globe. Enactment of stringent regulations regarding safety standards in vehicles across the globe is also estimated to fuel the automotive airbag silicon market. Rise in vehicle accidents across the globe is anticipated to make the integration of airbag silicon in vehicles mandatory across the globe.
- Rising disposable income and available financial alternatives are increasing the adoption of passenger vehicles. Thus, vehicle manufacturers are taking initiatives to increase safety performance of vehicles. Vehicle manufacturers are integrating dual airbags in vehicles, which is anticipated to further boost the automotive airbag silicon market across the globe. Expansion of small- and medium-scale industries across the globe who offers safety components at a significant price is likely to propel the automotive airbag silicon market across the globe.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive airbag silicon market
- Asia Pacific is home to large automobile companies that are focused on the development of new technology about safety. Every OEMs and Tier1 suppliers are providing advance safety features in every vehicle. Countries such as China, India, and Japan have large research & development facilities, which is estimated to propel the automotive airbag silicon market. The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) and European Transport Safety Council are trying to compel automobile companies to increase the integration of safety features in vehicles.
- Followed to Asia Pacific, Europe also holds a dominant share of the global automotive airbag silicon market, owing to an increase in safety standards across the region. Europe has presence of major original equipment manufacturers as well as tier-1 suppliers including Robert Bosch GmbH, Denso Corporation and Aptiv Inc. who have major facilities for the safety systems, which is likely to propel the automotive airbag silicon market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Airbag Silicon Market:
The automotive airbag silicon market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive airbag silicon market are:
- Elkem Silicons
- Dow Inc.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Nihon Plast Company Co. Ltd.
- Takata Corporation
- Denso Corporation
- Hyundai Mobis
- Autoliv Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Toyoda Gosei Co. Ltd.
- Calsonic Kansei Corporation
- Magna International
- Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Airbag Silicon Market, Request for a Sample