- Escape respirators are breathing apparatus which provide breathable air during emergency escapes and offer protection from inhalation of hazardous gases and toxins produced in the air. Escape respirator devices or masks regenerate air to be able to breathe properly and accurately while providing adequate amount of oxygen in areas where presence of harmful gases contaminates the atmosphere. Escape respirators are not manufactured to be used for general respiratory protection and do not provide any aid for respiratory diseases such as asthma and bronchitis. These respirators are required to be certified by national authorities such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration, a regulatory authority in the United States, etc. The user must read the instructions on the user manual in order to maintain safety during emergency exits.
Increased safety to workers in factories – a driving factor of the escape respirators market
- Workers in factories are exposed to the risk of dangerous chemical leaks of methane, hydrogen sulfide, or other dangerous gases, which pose a threat to life and property. Escape respirators are used intensively to minimize accidents in such industries and enable proper breathing in environments which are contagious and reduces the amount of oxygen level in the body. Escape respirators fulfil the need of supplying breathing air during emergency situations when workers require the most reliable safety precautions to escape from zones containing harmful gases. Escape respirators can start functioning within seconds to safeguard factory workers against toxic or oxygen-deficient atmospheres, thus generating higher demand for these respirators in the market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Escape Respirators Market, Request for a Sample
Portability, ease, and convenience – factors impacting the escape respirators market
- The respiratory equipment market is growing due to rising usage in industries such as aerospace, where escape respirators are required during emergency landings in water. In the rapidly growing healthcare and medical industry, escape respirators are essential during emergency situations to avoid inhalation of air contaminated with infectious micro-organisms. Escape respirators are efficient, comfortable, and easy to use in most industries and can be carried anywhere without much hassle. The equipment or devices are designed for portable air supply with minimum moving parts and maximum reliability. The share of escape respiratory equipment has increased considerably in the respiratory equipment market due to convenience, easy to wear attribute, and the characteristic of being carried discreetly.
Europe considered the dominant region of the global escape respirators market
- In terms of geography, the global escape respirators market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period due to strict safety norms and regulations in various chemical and mining industries in countries such as the U.S., Mexico, and Canada. Europe accounted for major share of the global escape respirators market in 2019. The market in Europe is expected to expand at a rapid rate due to increase in number of rescue measures adopted by governments, a growing aerospace industry requiring escape respirators, and a significant manufacturing base in countries such as the U.K., Germany, and France, which is projected to surge the sale of escape respirators in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period due to rapid industrialization, and widespread applications in maintaining safety against toxic substances (powdered chemicals, solvents, gases, and sprays) in China, India, Japan, South Korea, and other countries in Southeast Asia, which is projected to drive the sale of escape respirators in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Escape Respirators Market
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Dpi Sèkur
- Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- EKASTU Safety
- Productos Climax
- ILC Dover
- Cam Lock Limited
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report