Real-time Air Quality Monitoring Systems Enable Information Transfer via Smartphones
IoT and cloud-based innovations are transforming the air quality monitoring equipment market. Manufacturers are focusing on real-time air quality monitoring systems that are integrated with IoT. One of the most alarming issues that urban population comes across is the degenerative air quality, which has created a demand for advanced air quality monitoring equipment. Moreover, increased awareness about WHO guidelines catering to the non-compliance of low- and middle-income countries toward establishment of air quality measures in cities are contributing to market growth.
The installation of sensors has gained prime importance to monitor dust particles and other hazardous gases in cities to ensure the air is not contaminated. This is evident since sensors are an important component of the air quality monitoring equipment hardware, which is anticipated to reach ~US$ 7 Bn by the end of 2027. The rapid growth in smartphone usage is benefitting companies in the air quality monitoring equipment market, since government agencies can share information via smartphones.
Get Sample Copy:
Measurement Research Supports Public Health and Improves Monitoring Capabilities
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is increasing research in instruments and techniques to measure and monitor air quality. As such, North America is anticipated to generate the second-highest revenue in the air quality monitoring equipment market. Thus, manufacturers can gain important insights from the research carried out by the EPA who is a leader in the development of instruments and techniques that evaluate air emissions. There is a growing demand for air quality monitoring equipment to protect public health and the environment from air pollution.
Companies in the market for air quality monitoring equipment are increasing their efficacy in measurement research that helps stakeholders to determine the composition of sources of air pollution. Measurement research is being highly publicized for its ability to improve monitoring capabilities, and supports public health research. As such, companies in the air quality monitoring equipment market are increasing R&D to evaluate new and improved air measurement technologies that comply with air quality regulations.
Breakthrough Sensor Technology Revolutionizes Air Quality Monitoring Equipment Market
Low-cost sensor systems hold promising potential with the combination of stationary and portable sensors that deploy optical methods for counting particulate matter (PM). Companies in the air quality monitoring equipment market are employing electrochemical approaches for the measurement of gas species. Low investment cost and set up of sensors in non-regulatory monitors as part of the stationary network help to improve spatial characterization of highly variable pollution exposures. However, large variability in performance between units or within the same unit over a period of time poses as a challenge in non-regulatory monitors and low-cost portable sensors. Hence, companies in the market for air quality monitoring equipment are increasingly focusing on the breakthrough sensor technology to enhance data quality and to innovate in robust air pollution monitoring technologies.
The market for air quality monitoring equipment is undergoing a change with the acquisition of data from satellites and low-cost sensor systems. As such, there is a growing demand for high quality, regulatory-grade data in countries with in situ monitoring networks.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Handheld Sensors Set the Bar for Industry Trends to Help Detect Air Pollution
Personal air pollution sensors are creating incremental opportunities for companies in the air quality monitoring equipment market. For instance, Plume Labs-a provider of AI-powered air quality monitoring equipment, introduced their handheld device Flow, along with the design studio Frog. These portable sensors are helping companies gain global recognition in the air quality monitoring equipment market. Manufacturers are also increasing production capabilities to develop portable sensor systems that can be easily strapped to the individual’s bag, bike or even the belt to measure air quality at any given location.
Intelligent devices are gaining prominence in the market landscape. Companies are innovating in devices that fit into the daily life of individuals to help them make better air quality choices in order to establish healthier routines. This is evident, since residential application is estimated for exponential growth during the forecast period.
Request For Customization:
The air quality monitoring equipment market is progressing at a favorable CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period. Innovative monitoring systems are being launched with technologies based on drone and IoT. Since stakeholders face challenges for air quality measurement in low- and middle-income countries, manufacturers should increase their efficacy in drone and IoT technologies to monitor air quality in remote and inaccessible areas.
The development of the innovative air sensor technology helps to prevent public health issues and boost productivity levels in industrial and commercial environments. Companies should make use of high quality air pollution data to develop devices that comply with government guidelines.
Air Quality Monitoring Equipment Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global air quality monitoring equipment market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, the adoption of air quality monitoring equipment in industrial applications is rapidly increasing, as air quality monitoring equipment help in keeping a track of the pollution level and air quality in order to avoid fatigue, discomfort, and dizziness. This is expected to boost the global air quality monitoring equipment market during the forecast period.
- In terms of value, the global air quality monitoring equipment market is anticipated to reach ~US$ 7.2 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~8% throughout the forecast period
Increase in Efforts to Curb Air Pollution: A Key Driver
- Governments across the world are striving to curb air pollution by working with various agencies and stakeholders
- The U.S. has increased such efforts by working with agencies such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The EPA manages the nationwide air quality monitoring network by measuring the level of pollutants in the air. Developing countries such as India have also increased their efforts to curb air pollution. In 2019, the Government of India announced a program called National Air Quality Monitoring Program to reduce air pollution.
- Air quality monitoring equipment are significantly used to monitor and respond to real-time air pollution. Governments of various countries are increasingly installing these equipment, owing to the large number of benefits associated with them. For instance, in 2019, the Government of India announced its plans to install more than 400 air quality monitoring equipment across the country to evaluate the air quality.
- Rise in efforts to curb air pollution is projected to drive the global air quality equipment market during the forecast period. Thus, increase in use of air quality monitoring equipment is anticipated to be a prominent factor driving the market at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Advancements in Features of Air Quality Monitoring Equipment: Latest Market Trend
- Air quality monitoring equipment are primarily employed to measure the amount of pollutants present in the air to help in curbing air pollution. Demand for air quality monitoring equipment is increasing worldwide, due to the increasing need to reduce the risen level of air pollution. Owing to the increasing demand, air quality monitoring equipment are undergoing significant advancements in their features so as to achieve real-time measurement accuracy in all kinds of environments.
- Products with new features include portable air quality monitors in compact size. For instance, PureLogic Labs, a player that manufactures products pertaining to energy has launched ‘Prana Air Pocket Monitor.’ Moreover, the company has also introduced monitors with Wi-Fi connectivity and SD card slots to allow customers to monitor the air quality from any place.
- These advanced, new-generation air quality monitoring equipment are revolutionizing the entire pollution control system. Moreover, they are aiding in collection of a precise level of data about air quality, thereby helping industries and households in curbing air pollution.
- Hence, increase in the adoption of air quality monitoring equipment with advanced features in multiple applications is anticipated to propel the global air quality monitoring equipment market during the forecast period
High Costs of Air Quality Monitoring Equipment a Major Challenge for Air Quality Monitoring Equipment Market
- Air quality monitoring infrastructure is being widely adopted across the globe, owing to increase in the air pollution. Air quality monitoring equipment is an integral part of this infrastructure. However, their installation entails high costs.
- Companies are significantly investing in ambient air quality monitoring equipment, especially those used for industrial purpose. Ambient air quality monitoring equipment are expensive, as the buyer has to pay the entire cost upfront.
- However, high costs of air quality monitoring equipment are projected to have a low negative impact on the global air quality monitoring equipment market in the near future, as the buyer has an option to rent the equipment. Renting air quality monitoring equipment is a cost-effective option for companies.
Air Quality Monitoring Equipment Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of air quality monitoring equipment have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global air quality monitoring equipment market are
- Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- TSI Inc.
- Horiba Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- Chemtrols Industries Pvt. Ltd.
- Envirotech Instruments Private Limited
- SV Tech Engineers
- VASTHI INSTRUMENTS Pvt. Ltd
Read TMR Research Methodology @:
Air Quality Monitoring Equipment Market: Key Developments
- Major providers of air quality monitoring equipment are focusing on the development of technologically advanced air quality monitoring equipment and expansion of their presence across the world to attract more customers. Other key developments in the global air quality monitoring equipment market are as follows:
- In February 2017, Aeroqual introduced AQS 1, a compact air quality monitoring station. AQS 1 is designed for long-term air quality monitoring and it is fully weather proof. Furthermore, the product has an in-built data communication system and it can be calibrated on field.
- In August 2017, Vaisala announced to make significant investments in the market in India in order to meet the rising demand for its measuring equipment. This move would help the company increase its regional sales and production capabilities.
- In October 2018, Vaisala introduced its seventh generation of sensors for use in the measurement of visibility and weather conditions
- In the report on the global air quality monitoring equipment market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of air quality monitoring equipment. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view of market share analysis of key players operating in the global air quality monitoring equipment market.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453