- The combination of ferroelectric and nanomaterial opens up opportunity to fabricate a nanoscale memory device which comes with ultra-high memory integration. This eases the increasing scaling and economic challenges in the semiconductor industry.
- Ferroelectric material are used for memory applications such as DRAM. 3D ferroelectric can solve the challenges which are imposed by 2D structures, one of which is the poly-crystalline nature of the HfO2 dielectric which impacts the response in external electric fields leading to large variability. This restriction is removed in the third dimension by adopting 3D, allowing a better control of the statistic.
- Ferroelectric memory combines the benefits of DRAM, ROM, and flash memory. One of the key benefits is faster read and write access. Another advantage of ferroelectric memory over other storage technologies is the higher memory retention. Ferroelectric devices use the ferroelectric layer in place of dielectric layer due to which the benefits are realized.
- Ferroelectric Random Access Memory has high potential for scaling than analogs. However, the number of such devices are insignificant in the market and do not meet expectations. According to studies, the memory capacity only amounts to 0.0001 to that of DRAM or flash memory capacity.
Low Power Requirement of Ferroelectric Memory Device
- Ferroelectric memory devices such as FRAM offer various advantages for low power designs in applications such as wireless sensor nodes, smart meters, and other data logging designs.
- It has more write cycle endurance and data retention time, which helps designers of devices such as smart meters to meet the requirements of the product. Also, ferroelectric memory storage has benefits of faster memory recall, which is similar to the advantages associated with flash memory.
- Comparing conventional memories with ferroelectric ROM, conventional memories such as EEPROM and flash memory require additional time for erase and write operations, whereas ferroelectric ROM has fast write advantage which offers protection from voltage drops and power outages. These advantages help ferroelectric devices to be preferred by manufacturers and consumers, which will boost their demand.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increasing Applications of Ferroelectric RAM Technology Creating Opportunity
- 3D ferroelectric memory devices have applications in security due to its faster recall property associated with the storage technology. This technology is also used in data centers and wireless sensor operations where speed is essential and data recall is done wirelessly.
- Apart from these, it has applications in sensor networks, smart cards, energy meters, and access control. These applications are increasing the opportunity for the growth of the 3D ferroelectric memory devices market in developed as well as developing economies.
Maximum Growth to be Observed in the Asia Pacific Market
- In terms of region, the global 3D ferroelectric memory devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The 3D ferroelectric memory devices market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to a wide range of applications, increasing investment in research and development in technologies, and adoption of advanced technologies by countries such as Japan, Taiwan, and China. Thus, these factors are expected to increase the demand for 3D ferroelectric memory device products in the region.
- The 3D ferroelectric memory devices market in North America and Europe is also likely to show high growth rate after Asia Pacific.
- The market in Middle East & Africa is projected to show a uniform growth rate due to lack of investment in technologies
Key Players in the Global Market
The global 3D ferroelectric memory devices market was highly concentrated. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand.
Key players operating in the global 3D ferroelectric memory devices market include:
- Cypress Semiconductor
- Fujitsu Ltd
- Infineon Technologies
- International Business Machines
- LAPIS Semiconductor
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on 3D Ferroelectric Memory Devices Market, Request for a Sample
Global 3D Ferroelectric Memory Devices Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Ferroelectric Memory Devices Market, by Application
- Access Control
- Energy Meters
- Sensor Networks
- Smart Cards
Global 3D Ferroelectric Memory Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read TMR Research Methodology at: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/methodology.html
Read Our Latest Press Release: