SINP like other province’s PNPs has a stream that is in-line with the federal government’s Express Entry Program. This way the province is able to search for the potential candidates in the express pool and invite them to apply for provincial nomination for Canada PR Visa.
Now, for an express entry candidate to be eligible to apply for SINP, they must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum score of 60 points in SINP’s point assessment grid
- A valid Express entry profile with a Job Seeker Validation code
- Must have minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 under language proficiency
- Minimum of 1 year of post-secondary education or training that must be equivalent to the Canadian education system
- Should have required work experience in an occupation that is categorized under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B
- Must provide with a proof for sufficient settlement funds
Calculate your SINP points with an updated SINP Points Calculator!!!
What is the process to apply for SINP?
Following are the different immigration categories under SINP:
- International Skilled Worker Category: This category is for skilled immigrants who are looking to live and work in the province as a permanent resident
- Saskatchewan Experience Category: This category is for foreign candidates who are currently living in the province
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category: This category is for immigrants who want to own and actively operate business or farming operation in the province
To apply under SINP’s International Skilled worker OR Saskatchewan Experience Category candidates are first required to create an online profile under the federal government’s Express Entry Program. Once they are submitted into the express pool, they will be provided with a Profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code. After this candidates must follow the steps below:
- Get all the required documents.
- Review all the supporting document and complete the application form
- Apply at SINP and apply online.
- After receiving the ITA (as an EOI candidate), pay the fee (Saskatchewan Express Entry and Occupation In-demand only) and submit the application for Canada PR online
What is Saskatchewan Immigration Points Calculator 2020?
|Education and training||23|
|Skilled Work Experience||15|
|Connection to Saskatchewan labor market||30|
Education and Training
|Master’s or Doctorate Degree||23|
|University Bachelor’s Degree (Minimum 3 year program)||20|
|Degree, diploma or certificate of 2 year duration||15|
|Degree, diploma or certificate of 1 year duration||12|
Skilled Work Experience
In 5 years prior to Application Submission
|Duration (In years)||Points|
In 6-10 years prior to Application Submission
|Duration (In years)||Points|
|Less than 1 year||0|
|8 and higher||20|
|Age (In years)||Points|
All of the above factors, gives a total of 70 points under the points evaluation grid
30 points remaining for immigrants who have a strong connection to the Saskatchewan labor market, showing a real intention and ability to successfully settle and establish themselves economically in Saskatchewan as a permanent resident.
|Connection to Saskatchewan Labor Market||Points|
|Highly skilled employment offer from a Saskatchewan employer||30|
|Close family relative in Saskatchewan||20|
|Past work experience in Saskatchewan (at least 12 months of work in past five years on a valid work permit)||5|
|Past student experience in Saskatchewan (at least one year full-time academic year of study at a recognized Saskatchewan post-secondary education institution on a valid study permit)||5|
With the above mentioned selection factors candidates get maximum 30 points. A total of 100 points are awarded as shown in the above tables. Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) requires candidates to have at least 60 points to immigrate to Saskatchewan province in 2020.