Visceral Pain Treatment Market: Introduction
Pain is experienced when internal organs and tissues are damaged or injured. Visceral pain occurs due to activation of nociceptors of the thoracic, pelvic, or abdominal viscera. Injuries to organs including gallbladder, intestines, bladder, or kidneys could cause visceral pain. Symptomatic treatment relies on use of medications such as painkillers, spasmolytics, and antidepressants.
Request Brochure for Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79458
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Visceral Pain Treatment Market
- Visceral pain associated with ailments such as inflammatory bowel diseases, gallstones, acute pancreatitis, acute appendicitis, and diverticulitis are the most common reasons for visits to outpatient and inpatient gastrointestinal (GI) clinics. High prevalence and increase in incidence of target diseases boost market growth. Inflammatory bowel diseases are most common in developed countries compared to developing countries. These diseases affect men and women alike and mostly affect people aged between 15 and 30. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2015, nearly 3.1 million people (1.3% of the population) in the U.S. were diagnosed with either Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Each year around 70,000 new cases of IBD are diagnosed in the U.S. Hospitalization rate of secondary diagnosed population with IBD has increased significantly from 44.2 to 59.7 per 100,00 population during 2003–2013.
- Recent launch and approval of new drugs in North America, Europe, and Japan are projected to fuel demand for visceral pain treatment in the near future. AstraZeneca and Allergan are together developing MEDI2070 interleukin-23 monoclonal antibody against ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. The MEDI2070 is currently in phase IIb of clinical trial for moderate to severe Crohn’s disease and in phase II for ulcerative colitis. Pfizer’s PF-00547659, and Celgene’s Ozanimod are in phase II and phase III clinical trials for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, respectively.
- However, patent expiration of top drugs is anticipated hamper market growth in the near future. Most of the leading biologic and pharmaceutical products have lost their patents in the past few years and some are expected to go off patent in the near future. Therefore, generic and biosimilar medicines are likely to gain market share during the forecast period. Humira (Adalimumab), a leading biologic brand for the treatment of IBD from AbbVie, In., lost its patent in 2016. Johnson & Johnson’s Remicade lost patent in 2014. Newly launched biosimilar and generic treatment products have recorded exponential year-on-year growth rate and are projected to capture a major share of the market in the near future.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Visceral Pain Treatment Market –
Analgesics Segment Dominated Global Visceral Pain Treatment Market
- In terms of drug type, the global visceral pain treatment market can be divided into pain modifiers, analgesics, and others. The pain modifiers segment can be split into tricyclic anticonvulsant and tricyclic antidepressants. The analgesics segment can be segregated into narcotics and NSAID.
- The analgesics segment held major market share in 2019. The first-line treatment of visceral pain is the use of non-opioid analgesics. Some over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) category analgesic, which are primarily used in visceral pain treatment include Aleve (naproxen) and aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid). In August 2022, Lannett Company, Inc. announced the launch of Cediprof, Inc.’s FDA approved Levothyroxine Sodium Tablets USP, which is an opioid pain reliever, under the companies’ recently announced interim exclusive supply and distribution agreement. Baudax Bio launched as a new pharmaceutical company aimed at advancing promising, non-opioid analgesic therapies.
Pre book Market Report –
Key Players Operating in Global Visceral Pain Treatment Market
The global visceral pain treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Addex Therapeutics Ltd.
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Chromocell Corporation
- Takeda, GIcare Pharma, Inc.
- Grunenthal GmbH
- Johnson & Johnson
- Neurim Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Medestea Research & Production S.p.A.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453