Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market: Introduction
- Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) is a medical condition caused by acute infection that involves parts of the upper respiratory tract such as larynx or pharynx, sinuses, and nose. Pharyngitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis, common cold, and otitis media are some of the most common upper respiratory tract disorders. Upper respiratory tract disorders are caused due to the direct invasion of the mucus membrane by bacteria or viruses.
- Sneezing, rhinorrhea, nasal congestion, sore throat, nasal discharge, cough, fever, malaise, and odynophagia are some of the most common symptoms observed in patients diagnosed with upper respiratory tract disorders. Other symptoms of the disease are headache, hyposmia, foul breath, sinus pain, shortness of breath, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, conjunctivitis, and body ache.
- Upper respiratory tract disorders can be treated with antibiotics and decongestants. Acetaminophen, diphenhydramine, ibuprofen, dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, codeine, dexamethasone, and prednisone are antibiotics prescribed to patients suffering from upper respiratory tract disorders. Phenylephrine, oxymetazoline, and pseudoephedrine are the most commonly prescribed decongestants for the treatment of upper respiratory tract disorders. Antibiotics are rarely used as a treatment option for upper respiratory tract disorders, as these are associated with several side effects and can initiate secondary infections and bacterial resistance.
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=58905
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
- The global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market is projected to be driven by increase in incidence of respiratory disorders across the globe. Additionally, constantly changing climatic conditions due to global warming and pollution have further accentuated the risk of developing upper respiratory tract disorders. Moreover, changing lifestyle of people and increase in medical insurance coverage are anticipated to boost the growth of the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market. Rise in awareness among people about their health and increase in expenditure on personal hygiene are expected to augment the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market.
- Favorable reimbursement scenario and advanced medical infrastructure in developed countries are attributed to the growth of the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market. However, side effects of NSAIDs is expected to hamper the growth of the market.
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=58905
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
- Geographically, the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market in 2020 because of high incidence of infections in the U.S. A study conducted in the U.S. indicated that 25% of the population of the U.S. suffers from upper respiratory tract infections. The infections are the most common reasons for physician visits. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a higher CAGR due to increase in the geriatric population.
Pre Book Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=58905<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment Market
The global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market is highly fragmented due to the presence of large number of key players. Major players have adopted various strategies to gain a competitive advantage in the market. Collaborations, partnerships, agreements, and new product launches are the key strategies adopted by market players. Major players operating in the global upper respiratory tract infection treatment market are:
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Alcon, Inc.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Verona Pharma plc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Hospira, Inc.
- Sandoz, Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Cipla Pharmaceutical Company
- Novartis AG
- Hoffman La Roche Ltd.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Ultrasound Gels Market: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/numerous-players-in-ultrasound-gels-market-lean-on-innovation-in-formulation-for-surgical-lubricant-gels-acceptance-of-silicon-solutions-in-medical-devices-spurs-prospects-tmr-301266741.html
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453