Growth of e-Commerce Sector and High Demand for Transportation & Logistics to Aid Market Growth
Over the past decade, the expansion of the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market is largely driven by two major factors– increase in the number of trucks and busses on the road and rise in demand for medium-duty trucks worldwide. In addition, as technology continues to advance at a rapid pace, the transportation & logistics sector has witnessed consistent developments over the past couple of decades. In addition, as more number of companies operating in the current global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market are swaying toward expanding their global presence and market share, the overall truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market landscape is highly competitive.
Moreover, factors such as trade war between the U.S. and China, rise in the production levels of truck & bus radial (TBR) tires worldwide, and surge in the number of last mile deliveries due to the unprecedented growth of the e-Commerce sector are influencing the expansion of the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market. The trade war between the two powerhouses of the automotive industry is expected to put forward major hindrances for companies operating in these two countries. However, developing nations, including India, Thailand, Indonesia, and Brazil are likely to provide fertile grounds for growth to the players operating in the truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market.
At the back of these factors, the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market is expected to surpass the market value of US$ 98 Bn by the end of 2030.
Purchase our Premium Research Report At:https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=79016<ype=S
Trade War between China and U.S. to Influence Market Growth
As per current trends, the ongoing trade war between China and the U.S. is expected to have a strong impact on the overall growth of the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market. Evolving regulatory landscape, increasing anti-dumping duties, and Section 301 tariffs imposed by the U.S. on leading truck manufacturers in China are likely to have a noteworthy impact on the overall growth prospects of the truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market. While the U.S. continues to impose stringent regulations for the players operating in China, as a result, the export volumes of truck & bus radial (TBR) tires from other developing economies, including Thailand, Vietnam, and India have increased. The increasing tariff on Chinese products is another factor expected to decrease the demand for Chinese-made truck & bus radial (TBR) tires in the U.S. during the forecast period.
The demand for commercial original equipment truck & bus radial (TBR) tire has increased over the past few years. The electrification of delivery vehicles across developed regions of the world including North America and Europe, particularly in the last-mile segment, is anticipated to generate notable demand for truck & bus radial (TBR) tires during the assessment period.
Market Players Focus on Product Launch and Production Capacity to Gain Advantage
Several players operating in the current truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market are increasingly focusing on increasing their market share leaning toward both, organic as well as inorganic strategies. Several companies operating in the tire sector are diversifying their product portfolio and diverging into the production of truck & bus radial (TBR) tires. For instance, in March 2020, Ralson India announced that the company is on the course to expand its product portfolio and dive into the production of truck & bus radial (TBR) tires, mainly for electric buses and trucks. While product diversification is expected to remain important, market players are gradually expanding their market share by increasing investments in other regional markets. For instance, in December 2019, Apollo Tyres, a leading Indian tire company announced that the company is likely to enter the truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market in Saudi Arabia and focus on the production of the same to capture the market in the country.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Negative Impact of Volatile Economic Behavior on Trucking Sector
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong impact on the overall growth of the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market in 2020. The volatile economic behavior of both, business providers and consumers is anticipated to hinder the growth of the truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market in 2020. In addition, disruption in the global supply chain due to restrictions on the movement of transportation fleets worldwide is another factor that is likely to dent the growth of the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market. However, as governments are gradually lifting restrictions, global markets are gradually opening up due to which, considerable movement across the market is anticipated.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Truck & Bus Radial [TBR] Tire Market
Truck & Bus Radial (TBR) Tire Market: Overview
- The global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~6%, primarily driven by the rise in miles driven by trucks worldwide
Drivers of Truck & Bus Radial (TBR) Tire Market
- Steady rise in the production of medium-duty trucks, globally, has boosted the demand for TBR tires. Logistics and road transportation sectors have witnessed rapid expansion in Asia Pacific, which has fueled the demand for TBR tires in the region. Steady economic expansion post 2008 financial crisis propelled the demand for trucks in developed and developing countries.
- Favorable trade agreements and entry of commercial vehicle manufacturers in Latin America and Asia Pacific have driven the demand for TBR tires
- Increasing awareness among consumers regarding vehicle maintenance, adoption of tire monitoring systems by fleet managers, and expansion of retailer and dealers network in rural areas are projected to drive the truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market during the study period
Challenges of Truck & Bus Radial (TBR) Tire Market
- Tire manufactures rely heavily on raw materials such as natural rubber & Brent crude. Prominent manufacturers, such as Bridgestone, cultivate their own rubber, and are in a better position to tackle commodity price hikes and supply scarcity. Smaller tire manufacturers face high losses due to volatility in raw material price, which translates into their higher product cost and loss of competitive edge.
- Tire manufactures with off-shore production facilities are subjected to foreign exchange risks and volatility in foreign currency exchange rates that hamper revenues
Opportunities in Truck & Bus Radial (TBR) Tire Market
- Digital retailing is gaining momentum, and tire manufacturers are investing to launch dedicated online portals besides selling tires on third party marketplaces and digital stores. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a surge in online sales of tires.
- Intelligent tires & tires integrated with sensors are gaining popularity in the market, as awareness about maintenance schedule and health of tires is increasing among fleet owners to avoid vehicle breakdowns
Truck & Bus Radial (TBR) Tire Market Segmentation
- Based on application, the truck segment held a dominating share of the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market in 2019. Medium & heavy duty trucks have higher production and contribute to higher share of vehicles on road. Trucks are extensively utilized for haulage and freight transport, and have been widely adopted across all economies contributing to the high demand for TBR tires.
- In terms of sales channel, the aftermarket segment held a leading share of the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market. Replacement rate of tires is increasing due to the rise in awareness among consumers about timely maintenance of vehicles. Thus, the aftermarket segment is anticipated to hold a leading share of the global market during the forecast period, due to its share rising rapidly in developing countries.
Truck & Bus Radial (TBR) Tire Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market has been divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held a prominent share of the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market in 2019. China, India, Japan, and ASEAN have a large domestic market, owing to the presence of a large number of truck & bus manufacturers and a large number of truck & bus fleets on road. TBR tire manufacturers have a large number of facilities in the region given the availability of natural rubber and benefit low cost of production.
- North America holds a key share of the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market. Presence of a large number of on-road trucks in the U.S. is a major contributor to the notable market share held by North America. Inland freight trucking across NAFTA and presence of well-established transport & logistics sector in the region have boosted the demand for TBR tires in North America. The global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market is projected to experience a negative impact due to COVID-19. Production halts and low demand for new trucks & buses are estimated to hamper the demand for OE TBR tires.
Truck & Bus Radial (TBR) Tire Market: Competition Landscape
- Prominent players operating in the global truck & bus radial (TBR) tire market include
- Bridgestone Corporation
- Continental AG
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- China National Tyre & Rubber Corporation
- BKT Industries Limited
- KUMHO Tire
- Yokohoma Rubber Corporation
- Sumitomo Rubber Industries Limited
- Giti Tire
- Apollo Tyres
TMR has a track record to provide ace market research solutions that has earned us the trust of our clients for their business intelligence needs. Serving 13 industry verticals with a database of over 1,000 reports and 1 million + data points, our expanse to provide market research solutions is exceptional. We deep dive for a thorough understanding of the subject, gather precise information, and then analyze it to present solutions that are par excellence.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany NY – 12207,
Tel: +1-518-618-1030 Email: email@example.com