Thin Film Diode: Introduction
- A thin film diode is a semiconductor component that is produced using thin-film technology.
- Thin film diode semiconductors are small and comprise thin slices of semiconducting material. They are very carefully manufactured to create a perfect p-n junction.
- Thin film diodes (TFDs) are critical elements used for thin film electronics, and their most important application includes the pixel switching elements on flat panel displays (FPDs).
- Based on fabrication type, thin film diodes are classified into two types: organic and inorganic. According to product type, thin film diodes are divided into liquid crystal display, light emitting diode, electronic paper display, and AMOLED. Thin film diodes are used in consumer electronics, automotive, BFSI, industrial, healthcare, and other sectors.
Rise in Demand in Consumer Electronics
- The consumer electronics segment witnesses rising need for advanced TFD display, which has created demand for organic and advanced TFD display.
- Thin film diode (TFD) technology is widely used in flat-panel displays in computers, televisions, smartphones, and laptops, wearable devices, and video systems. Stable processes for large-scale fabrication, improved semiconductor layer, and development of equipment to manufacture large devices are advancing the usage of thin film diodes, which is expected to boost the global thin film diode market during the forecast period.
- Growing inventions in smartphone display panels, increasing use of liquid crystal diode and light emitting diode, and rising use of electronic paper display and AMOLED also propels the growth of the global thin film diode market.
- The complex structure and manufacturing cost are major restraints of the global thin film diode market. However, new research and development activities provide opportunities for the market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Thin Film Diode Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Lead the Thin Film Diode Market
- In terms of region, the global thin film diode market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global thin film diode market throughout the forecast period, as large number of manufacturers of thin film diode operate in the APAC region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the thin film diode market during the forecast period due to the largest consumer base of thin film diodes owing to a growing industrial base and consumer electronics industry in developing nations such as China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and India in the region.
- Additionally, demand for consumer goods such as televisions, monitors, smartphones, and laptops, with displays is growing in Asia Pacific, which propels the growth of the thin film diode market.
- North America holds the second largest share of the thin film diode market due to an increase in demand from healthcare, and automotive end-use industries.
- The thin film diode market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Thin Film Diode Market
The global thin film diode market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for thin film diodes. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global thin film diode market include:
- Panasonic Semiconductor Solutions Co., Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Omnivex Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- LG Display Co., Ltd.
- Sony Corporation
- Fujitsu Limited
- ON Semiconductor
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Thin Film Diode Market: Research Scope
Global Thin Film Diode Market, by Fabrication Type
Global Thin Film Diode Market, by Product Type
- Liquid Crystal Display
- Light Emitting Diode
- Electronic Paper Display
Global Thin Film Diode Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers’ or customers’ journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Request For Customization:
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453