Tactile Sensor: Introduction
- A tactile sensor is a device that measures information arising from physical and mechanical interaction with its environment.
- These sensors are sensitive to touch, pressure, force, light, and voice.
- Various types of tactile sensors include resistive tactile sensors, capacitive tactile sensors, piezoelectric tactile sensors, piezoresistive tactile sensors, inductive tactile sensors, and optoelectric tactile sensors.
- Tactile sensors are used in automotive, oil & gas, machines and robots in healthcare, consumer electronics, telecommunication, aerospace, and other industries.
Rise in Demand for Consumer Electronics
- Tactile sensors are largely used in consumer electronics applications, due to rising integration of touch panels across various electronics applications such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, ATM machines, office equipment, automatic electronic devices, automated doors, electronic security systems, elevators, lamps, smart TVs, etc., which are anticipated to drive the rapid growth of tactile sensors.
- Technology advancement and latest trends in smart electronics devices including touch sensitivity, voice sensitivity, light sensitivity, and pressure sensitivity is also responsible for the growth of the market.
- Some unbeatable properties of tactile sensors, for instance, high accuracy, superior sensitivity, higher measurement accuracy, greater durability, and easy operability also accelerates market growth.
- Capacitive tactile sensors account for dominant share in the global tactile sensors market, due to growing use of capacitive sensors in robotics, healthcare, and in the automotive sector. Growing technological developments and advancement in sensor features also provide a competitive edge to key market players operating in the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Tactile Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global tactile sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global tactile sensor market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of tactile sensors operate in the region.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to remain the largest consumer of tactile sensors owing to a growing industrial base in developing nations such as China and India in the region and rising proliferation of the consumer electronics industry. Additionally, many well-established players based in Asia Pacific are focusing on development of new technology in tactile sensors which is expected to boost the tactile sensors market in the region during the forecast period.
- The tactile sensor market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Request For PreBook Report@:
Key Players Operating in the Global Tactile sensor Market
The global tactile sensor market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for tactile sensors. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global tactile sensor market include:
- Annon Piezo Technology Co. Ltd
- APC International Ltd.
- Cirque Corporation
- Pressure Profile Systems
- Sensor Products Inc.
- Weiss Robotics
- Tacterion GmbH
- Weiss Corporation
- Airmar technology corporation
- Barrett Technology
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Tactile Sensor Market, Request for a Sample
Global Tactile Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Tactile Sensor Market, by Type
- Resistive Tactile Sensors
- Capacitive Tactile Sensors
- Piezoelectric Tactile Sensors
- Piezoresistive Tactile Sensors
- Inductive Tactile Sensors
- Optoelectric Tactile Sensors
- Others (Magnetic, ultrasonic, etc.)
Global Tactile Sensor Market, by End-user
- Consumer Electronics
- Oil & Gas
Global Tactile Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release: