Smart Grid Sensor Market: Introduction
- A smart grid is an electric power system that consists of automated control technology, sophisticated software solutions, and sensors for data control and data acquisition.
- Smart grids have significantly attracted the attention of industries and governments. Currently, smart grid sensors are a highly progressive technology in the field of power generation, transmission, and distribution.
- Smart grid sensors are exceedingly effective in sensing real-time data of climatic conditions and temperature of power lines while transmitting the energy.
- The data sensed is then used to enhance the reliability of power transmission and lower the power dissipation, which eventually minimizes the cost. Thus, smart grid sensors are very useful in commercial and residential buildings to increase energy efficiency.
Get Sample Copy:
Rise in Demand for Smart Grid Sensors in Electrical Industry
- A smart grid sensor has become an innovative technique that uses information & communication technology in the field of electricity generation, transmission, and distribution. The smart grid distribution management and software such as SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) have together improved the existing power grid system in terms of adaptability, reliability, and efficiency. These factors are expected to promote growth of the smart grid sensor market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, the latest smart grid sensors do not need batteries to function. In other words, they are inductively powered.
- Furthermore, advancements in measurement science and standards for smart grid technologies have resulted in increased spending on research and development. This is anticipated to drive the smart grid sensor market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Smart Grid Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global smart grid sensor market can be divided into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to constitute a significant share in the global smart grid sensor market during the forecast period, owing to presence of a large number of power-generating companies in the region.
- The smart grid sensor market is highly fragmented with various start-ups proliferating in the market, especially in developing economies in Europe. Manufacturers are increasing investments in research and development to offer innovative techniques for dissipation loss optimization while transmitting power to the general public in this region.
- Furthermore, North America is expected to show significant growth in the global smart grid sensor market with increase in use of power equipment due to rising power consumption.
Key Players in the Global Smart Grid Sensor Market
- General Electric Company
- ABB Ltd.
- Oracle Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Siemens AG, Schneider Electric SA
- Itron Inc.
- Landis+Gyr AG
- Tech Mahindra Limited
- Aclara Technologies LLC
- S&C Electric Company
- EsyaSoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Open Systems International, Inc.
- Wipro Limited
- Kamstrup A/S
- Trilliant Holdings Inc.
- NexGrid, LLC.
- Globema, Enel X North America, Inc.
- e-Smart Systems Ltd.
Global Smart Grid Sensor Market, Research Scope
Global Smart Grid Sensor Market, by Functionality Domain
Global Smart Grid Sensor Market, by Sensing Parameter
- Temperature Continuity
- Phase Measurement
Global Smart Grid Sensor Market, by Application
- Smart Energy Meter
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- Smart Grid Distribution Network
- Data Collection and Control
Global Smart Grid Sensor Market, by End-user
- Deployment and Integration
- Support and Maintenance
- Dynamic Line Rating
Global Smart Grid Sensor Market, by Region
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- North America
- Rest of North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453