The increasing demand for Silicon Carbide Wafer devices in semiconductors and for motor drives is influencing the market growth.
Market Size – USD 231.1 million in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 16.3%, Market Trends – Growing adoption of SIC in Semiconductors.
The global Silicon Carbide Wafer market is expected to reach USD 912.3 Million by 2026, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Wafer is a thin slice of semiconductor material, generally used in the fabrication of Integrated Circuits. It is also used in photovoltaic for wafer-based solar cells.
Silicon Carbide Wafers can withstand high temperature, voltage, and power and thus make it a popular choice in semiconductors. Its increasing demand in motor drives, the ability to reduce the overall size, its growing application in radio frequency devices and cellular base station are all factors that contribute to the growth of the market. Application of SIC in the semiconductor is very famous. Silicon is a metalloid and a semiconductor. Silicon dioxide is most commonly used in IC technology due to its extremely stable chemical nature as compared to other oxides.
Asia Pacific is expected to hold the largest market share in the SIC market owing to the growth in the RF and cellular base station. Expanding 4G network, inverter application and the power supply is helping the growth of the market in this region. APAC holds the largest market share and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR. North America has the second largest market share.
Key participants include Basic 3C Inc., Cree Inc., Rohm Semiconductors, Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., General Electric, Genesic Semiconductor Inc., Renesas Electronics Corporation, Infineon Technologies AG, Stmicroelectronics N.V., Monolith Semiconductor Inc., Ascatron AB and Graphensic AB.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1106
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Silicon is very important material due to its versatile properties, low band gap, high mobility, easy doping, very easy to synthesize in nano-range, dominant surface properties, the optically active material in all visible, ultraviolet and infrared range.
- Superior characteristics of Silicon has enabled it for application in semiconductors.
- Silicon’s application in semiconductors revolutionized the integrated circuits, especially the digital ones.
- Silicon wafers are available in different sizes ranging from 1 Inch to 6 Inches and above. Semiconductor fabrication plants are defined by the wafer diameter they use. Over time the diameters have increased to improve the quality and efficiency and reduce costs.
- In Type segment, Silicon Carbide Wafers with diameter 6 Inches and above have a higher market share as they are the latest more efficient technologies with reduced cost.
- Power electronic vertical will hold the largest market share due to the rise in of SIC in inverter applications and power supplies.
- SIC discrete devices have the highest growing market owing to its application in radio frequency and the cellular base station. It is also used in power electronics.
- Silicon Carbide Wafers applications in automotive allow for reduction of conduction losses and switching losses.
- Silicon carbide is being used as power devices in power electronics technology. Silicon Carbide Wafers are now being used in solar power generation to make it more cost effective.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/silicon-carbide-wafer-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global Silicon Carbide Wafer market on the basis of type, device, industry analysis, applications, vertical and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2026)
- 2 Inch
- 3 Inch
- 4 Inch
- 6 Inch and above
Device Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2026)
- SIC bare die
- SIC discrete devices
Industry analysis Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2026)
- Upstream Industry Analysis
- Downstream Industry Analysis
Applications Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2026)
- Power Supply and Inverter
- Lighting Control
- RF Device & Cellular Base Station
- Flexible Ac Transmission Systems
- Power Grid Device
- Industrial Motor Drive
- Electronic Combat System
- Flame Detector
- EV Motor Drive
- EV Charging
- Solar Energy
- Wind Energy
Verticals Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2026)
- Power Electronics
- Energy and Power
- Renewable Power Generation
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1106
Table of Content:
Highlights of the TOC:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2019-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Silicon Carbide Wafer Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Market Material Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price trend Analysis
4.9. Customer Mapping
Chapter 5. Competitive Landscape
5.1. Market Revenue Share By Manufacturers
5.2. Manufacturing Cost Breakdown Analysis
5.3. Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4. Market positioning
5.5. Strategy Benchmarking
5.6. Vendor Landscape
Thank you for reading our report. For customization inquiry or further information, please connect with us and we will ensure you get the report that meets your requirements.
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Browse More Reports