Semen Analysis Market: Introduction
- Semen analysis is a test performed to check health, quality, and viability of sperms. It is performed by couples unable to conceive naturally or in animal research and breeding centers.
- The basic parameters checked during the test include semen volume, sperm concentration, sperm motility, sperm morphology, presence of white or red blood cells, percentage of immature sperms in the sample, and presence of anti-sperm antibodies
- It is the first-line investigational test performed on the male partner when a couple is unsuccessful in conceiving for more than a year
- According to the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC), the tests should be conducted at least seven days apart and over the course of two to three months. Sperm count could vary on a daily basis. Taking an average of the sperm samples can give the most conclusive result.
Request Brochure –
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Semen Analysis Market
- Rise in prevalence of male infertility is projected to fuel the growth of the global semen analysis market during the forecast period. According to the journal The Lancet, infertility affects 8% to 12% of couples globally, with male factor being a primary or contributing cause in around 50% of couples. Causes of male subfertility vary highly, but can be related to congenital, acquired, or idiopathic factors that impair spermatogenesis.
- Lifestyle changes such as cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, use of illicit drugs, obesity, psychological stress, APA, diet, and caffeine intake can potentially influence sperm quality. This is anticipated to boost the growth of the global market in the next few years.
Request COVID Analysis on Semen Analysis Market –
- Rise in awareness about advanced fertility methods such as IUI and IVF, increase in spending capacity, and high adoption of advanced semen analysis methods such as computer assisted semen analysis (CASA) by diagnostic laboratories are expected to drive the global semen analysis market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, increase in number of pet animals, surge in demand for animal food, and rise in animal research centers are likely to propel the global semen analysis market from 2021 to 2031
- However, high cost of assisted reproductive technology, low awareness in economically poor countries, and stringent tax rules on medical devices in the U.S. are projected to restrain the global semen analysis market.
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global semen analysis market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global semen analysis market during the forecast period. Rise in prevalence of male infertility and presence of advanced fertility methods are the major factors driving the semen analysis market in the region.
- Europe held the second largest share of the global semen analysis market in 2020 due to a surge in the infertility rate. According to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Southern Europe, Eastern Europe, and Eastern Asia have the lowest fertility rates in the world, with an average of 1.5 children per woman in 2018.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapidly increasing rate of infertility, growing export of livestock products, and rise in fertility tourism due to the high cost of IVF treatment in countries in Europe and in the U.S. This is likely to augment the semen analysis market in Asia Pacific.
Pre Book Semen Analysis Market Report –
- The market in Latin America is projected to grow at a steady pace from 2021 to 2031, attributed to increase in awareness about available fertility methods and economic growth
- Middle East & Africa is a relatively less lucrative market for semen analysis, due to less access to the target population suffering from infertility
Key Players Operating in Global Semen Analysis Market
Key players operating in the global market include:
- Hamilton Thorne, Inc.
- Medical Electronic Systems, LLC
- Microptic S.L.
- ContraVac, Inc.
- MotilityCount ApS
- PROiSER – Projectes i Serveis R+D S.L.
- Dolo Animals Limited
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Sperm Processor
- AKYmed Ltd.
- Beijing Weili New Century Science & Tech. Deve. Co. Ltd.
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Smart Inhalers Market –
Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453