Postponement of Events Triggers Product Launches on Social Media amidst COVID-19 Crisis
Since the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has led to the postponement of several trade events, manufacturers in the reclosable films market are searching for new ways to launch their products. For instance, Wipak Group— a specialist in efficient and sustainable packaging solutions announced the launch of its environment-conscious products on its LinkedIn account and involved the REPAK TOP 65 XX PET, which is a thin reclosable lidding film. As such, manufacturers are scurrying to grab revenue opportunities in cheese and meat packaging.
Since customers are hoarding food products amidst the coronavirus era due to uncertain lockdown regulations, companies in the reclosable films market are increasing their production capabilities to meet consumer demand. The growing demand for frozen foods and ready-to-eat (RTE) meals is another key driver for market growth.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Reclosable Films Market
Recyclable Reclosable Films Mimic Properties of Traditional Polymeric Materials
Business expansion opportunities in the F&B (food & beverages) industry are creating an upward trend in the growth of the reclosable films market. Innovative reclosable films are acquiring prominence in the packaging of meat products. For instance, Suedpack— a specialist in rigid and flexible films has announced the launch of Pure-Line— a range of composite and resealable films that offer good recyclability. Since manufacturers need to abide by environmental regulations pertaining to increasing volumes of plastic ending up in landfills, they are developing recyclable reclosable films to reduce the environmental footprint.
Advancements in recyclable reclosable films mimic the protective and convenience properties of polymeric materials. Companies in the reclosable films market are using polypropylene to design recyclable reclosable films that are being confirmed by leading institutes. This is evident since polypropylene is predicted to dictate more than 40% of the market share in 2023. Manufacturers are tapping into incremental opportunities in the sector of minced products.
Flexible Reclosable Films Replace Rigid Carton Options for Bag and Pouch Products
Reclosable films are being highly publicized for keeping the product fresh for longer time, and also ensure consumer convenience. Innovative lidding solutions bode well for growth of the reclosable films market, which is estimated to expand by 1.5x times to current market value. Top lid flexible films and rigid blisters are being used for the packaging of cheese and processes meat slices. This trend of rigid and flexible packaging is attracting investor sentiment in the reclosable films market and is playing an instrumental role in the development of attractive bags and pouches.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
India’s flexible packaging company Uflex has gained proficiency in the development of reclosable stand-up and lie-down bag and pouches. As such, flexible cartons are increasingly replacing rigid carton options, where the former is acquiring visibility in retail stores.
Resealable Stand-up Pouch Bags Highly Preferred for Candy Packaging
Stand-up pouch bags are swiftly capturing the packaging and reclosable films market, owing to its customer convenience and marketing advantages. These bags are being used as a great way to convert products into marketing vehicles in supermarkets and other retail outlets. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities to introduce a variety of sizes and styles in stand-up pouch bags made from reclosable films. Eillien’s Candies Inc.— a manufacturers of high-quality assortments and snacks, uses reclosable and non-reclosable pouch bags for the packaging of chocolates and dry fruits.
Apart from food, companies in the reclosable films market are expanding their business in other retail formats, such as in grocery and drugs to broaden their revenue streams. They are gaining efficacy to design resealable zip-top pouch bags that are available in a polished look and help to increase the uptake of products. Manufacturers are developing both printed and clear film bags that are used in various end-use cases.
Front Flap Sealings Overcome Limitations of Adhesive Stickers in Pouches
Resealing of products helps in the consumption of food when individuals are on the go. This trend is very prominent for snacks and confectionary packaging to ensure that the food stays fresh. Similarly, stickers are used to reclose pasta pouches and bags. However, the adhesive force of stickers tends to eventually weaken after a certain amount of time. Hence, manufacturers in the reclosable films market are innovating in zip-top bags and pouches to overcome the limitations of adhesive stickers.
Other innovations to overcome issues of adhesive stickers are front flap sealings. Swiss Delice— a manufacturer of luxurious Swiss premium chocolates, has introduced a new type of resealable closure on the front of the stand-up pouch, instead of on the upper edge for the packaging of its chocolates.
Flexible Packaging Options Grow Popular for Coffee Branding
The ever-increasing coffee consumption worldwide is one of the major drivers for stimulating growth of the reclosable films market. Retail shelves are often seen featuring coffee from major brands, private labels, and specialty roasters packaged in brightly colored pouches. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the HoReCa (Hotel, Restaurant, Café) industry is suffering huge revenue losses, as individuals are skeptical to visit F&B outlets. However, the HoReCa is a key revenue generation source for reclosable film manufacturers.
Coffee is one of the most widely used products after oil. Since consumers prefer having coffee at home, in offices, and in restaurants, reclosable film manufacturers are channelizing their focus in the packaging of coffee. They are adopting flexible packaging options such as stand-up pouches, flat-bottom, and gusseted bags to package coffee. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D activities to design innovative vacuum pouches and sachets to tap into value-grab opportunities.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Reclosable Films Market
Reclosable Films Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global reclosable films market for the forecast period of 2020-2026, the market is estimated to be driven by growing consumption of packaging food and rising adoption of see-through packaging solutions
- The global reclosable films market is expected expand by 1.5x times to current market value with a noteworthy CAGR of 7.9% during forecast period. The ability of reclosable films to offer extended shelf life to the product coupled with pricing affordability is anticipated to be significant aspect behind the future growth of the reclosable films market.
Increasing Use of See-through Packaging Solutions for Enhanced Aesthetic Appeal
- Transparency of a package is often perceived as an indication of the quality of the product. If consumers are not able to see what is inside the package, they are less likely to purchase it. The demand for see-through packaging is on the rise, particularly in the food & beverage industry. Transparent packaging imparts a visually pleasing appearance and hence, enhances the shelf visibility of the product. This makes it useful for the consumer goods market, where product differentiation is at the epicenter of manufacturers’ focus.
- Transparent surfaces can be achieved by using reclosable films, as they offer superior transparency and gloss to the package. This also saves printing, labelling, and other decoration costs on packaging, as majority of the surface is meant to provide a visual appeal to the package. Thus, incorporating transparent reclosable films is an efficient way of advertising the product without external means.
- The demand for transparent or see-through packaging solutions is higher in developed countries of North America and Europe, and is gradually increasing in developing countries of Asia Pacific and MEA. Rising demand for such see-through packaging solutions is likely to accelerate the reclosable films market growth to significant extent.
Technological Advancement Associated with Packaging Films Gaining Momentum in Market
- The primary purpose of food packaging is to ensure that the food is protected from environmental contaminants. Glass or metal is considered as the best choice for food packaging, but the cost of manufacturing, weight, and fragility are some of the factors that restrict their applications. Over the last few years, manufacturers, particularly in developed countries, are increasingly adopting innovative packaging solutions, which not only retain the product quality but also ensure convenience in handling.
- Packaging of meat & poultry, and ready-to-eat foods and pharmaceutical products requires high barrier materials to ensure that the items are protected from water vapor, oxygen, and harmful contaminants. Thus, packaging film manufacturers are incorporating active packaging technologies in conventional plastic packaging films. For instance, Sealed Air one of the leading reclosable films manufacturers has designed reclosable lid films with anti-fog technology to keep product fresh with premium appearance. This reclosable lid film is designed with oxygen-barrier layer and also possesses modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) properties. Shifting inclination of end users toward such advanced packaging solutions to extend the self-life of products is driving the reclosable films market.
Reclosable Films Market: Key Findings
- In terms of material, polypropylene (PP) reclosable films are projected to lead the overall reclosable films market with more than 40% of the market share in 2020. This segment is expected to witness incremental opportunity of US$ 25.7 Mn during the forecast period.
- End users demand for reclosable films with thickness up to 100 micron and 100 to 200 micron. Together these segments are anticipated to capture more than 80% share of the global reclosable films market.
- As per the TMR analysis, the food & beverage industry is expected to be the most lucrative end user of reclosable films. The industry is generating consistent demand for reclosable films for safe and transparent packaging. The segment is expected to hold more than 3/4th portion of total market share, by the end of 2026.
- Despite being a matured market, substantial portion of the reclosable films market is captured by Europe. The region accounts for high usage of reclosable films, and is expected to further increase over time. However, growth of the food & beverages industry in highly potential Asia Pacific and MEA regions is likely to benefit reclosable films manufacturers.
Reclosable Films Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analysed that the global reclosable films market is highly competitive, owing to new start-ups and entry of local players. This completion among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenues of companies over the past five years.
- The recent study on reclosable films market includes profiles of players such as
- DowDuPont Inc.
- Korozo Ambalaj Sanayi Ve Ticaret AS
- Schur Flexibles Holding GesmbH
- Winpak Ltd
- Sudpack Verpackungen GmbH + Co
- Buergofol GmbH
- Plastopil Hazorea Company Ltd
- Berry Global Group, Inc
- TCL Packaging Ltd
- Coveris Holdings S.A
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Industria Termoplastica Pavese SpA
- Buergofol GmbH,
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, DowDuPont Inc., Korozo Ambalaj Sanayi Ve Ticaret AS, and Schur Flexibles Holding GesmbH have been identified as Tier 1 players in the reclosable films market. The Tier 2 players include Sealed Air Corporation, Plastopil Hazorea Company Ltd and Sudpack Verpackungen GmbH + Co. KG. Tier 3 players are TCL Packaging Ltd, Winpak Ltd., Buergofol GmbH, Termoplast srl, and others.
COVID – 19 Pandemic Likely to Hamper Demand for Reclosable Films
- Significant portion of the global reclosable films market is captured by the food & beverages industry. Reclosable packaging films are frequently used in the food & beverages industry to pack and store a wide range of food items such as frozen food, ready-to-eat food, dairy and bakery products, juices, meat, and others. Post COVID-19, food & beverages companies are facing considerably reduced consumption of these food and beverages, which has negatively affected the demand for reclosable films due to reduced purchasing.
- Moreover, several food outlets, retail stores, and hypermarkets are operating at reduced capacities in most regions due to lockdowns, which is projected to hamper the sales for reclosable films considerably. As per TMR analysis, the demand for reclosable films will be sluggish till next two quarters of 2020. However, with better planning and decisions of the regulatory authorities and key reclosable films manufacturers, the reclosable films market is expected to gain significant momentum in the beginning of 2021.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]