- Apheresis is a procedure, wherein whole blood is withdrawn from donor or patient’s body, required blood components such as plasma, leukocytes, erythrocytes, and lipids are separated or removed, and remaining blood components are transfused back into donor or patient’s body.
- Plateletpheresis is a process of removal of blood from donor or patient, separating and retaining the platelets, and returning the rest of the blood components to the donor or patient. Patients with leukemia, aplastic anemia, or cancer are recommended plateletpheresis.
Request Brochure –
- The procedure is also used in essential thrombocytosis, bleeding, and during surgeries. Plateletpheresis finds applications in the wake of epidemic outbreaks such as Zika virus and malaria. Apheresis is performed by applying two techniques: centrifugation and membrane filtration. Membrane filtration involves separation of blood components based on molecular weight, size, and affinity for particular substance.
- Centrifugation separates blood components based on molecular weight, centrifugal force, centrifugation RPM, and run time. The two types of centrifugation techniques are intermittent and continuous.
Request COVID Analysis on Plateletpheresis Market –
Key Drivers of Global Plateletpheresis Market
- Rise in prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases globally lead to high demand for platelets in the treatment of leukemia, cancer, and other severe conditions. This is projected to boost the growth of the global plateletpheresis market.
- Moreover, safety of plateletpheresis over whole blood donation and rise in number of donors across the globe are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global plateletpheresis market. Improvement in health care infrastructure is another factor propelling the global plateletpheresis market.
- Shift from single dose to double dose apheresis to increase the yield of platelet components being separated has pushed the industry toward development of technically advanced instruments. This also contributes to the growth of the global market.
- Risks associated with apheresis procedure and stringent regulatory approval process for plateletpheresis devices are likely to hamper the growth of the global plateletpheresis market
Request Customization on Plateletpheresis Market Report –
Centrifugation to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of technology, the global plateletpheresis market can be classified into centrifugation and membrane filtration
- Wide applications, high efficiency, and strong industrial support are anticipated to drive the centrifugation segment during the forecast period
Disposable to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on product, the global plateletpheresis market can be bifurcated into devices and disposables
- The disposables segment is projected to dominate the market because of the prevailing trend of rental contract agreement among manufacturers
Blood Collection Centers to be Highly Attractive Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global plateletpheresis market can be divided into hospitals, blood collection centers, and others
- The blood collection centers segment dominated the market in 2020. Initiatives by regional governments to develop health care infrastructure is expected to drive the blood collection centers segment.
Pre Book Plateletpheresis Market Report –
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Plateletpheresis Market
- In terms of region, the global plateletpheresis market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe dominated the global plateletpheresis market in 2020. Platelet production in countries in Europe is shifting from single donor apheresis to pooled platelet.
- However, most of the platelet requirement in markets such as the U.S. is supplied through plateletpheresis procedure
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to expanding health care infrastructure and high demand for technologically advanced plateletpheresis devices in emerging markets in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Plateletpheresis Market
The global plateletpheresis market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global plateletpheresis market are:
- Cerus Corporation
- Fresenius Kabi AG (Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA)
- Haemonetics Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Miltenyi Biotec
- Lmb Technologie GmbH
- Delcon SRL
Trending Reports of Transparency Market Research –
Medical Waste Containers Market –
Pharmaceutical Water Market –
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453