We have all been affected by the war against the pandemic. People who have office jobs are forced to work at home and some even got fired. For those who are forced to work at home, a lot of them think it’s a curse and a lot of them think it’s a blessing. If you think about it, working at home is one of the best things that you can do. You don’t need to do a lot of extra effort in preparing yourself to go to the office. All you need to do is to wake up, set up your computer, and start working. You sometimes don’t even have to take a shower! It is mainly up to you, as long as you will be able to get your work done.
Living in a work-from-home environment will take some adjustments, but it can be very beneficial at the same time. Doing business online during the covid19 crisis should be sufficient to get started establishing a separate work from home office and separating that from your living space. Working as a remote service provider should help you to increase your productivity and improve your work-life balance if you follow some basic work from home tips, during the coronavirus crisis or even after the current global pandemic. The work from home employees should ideally have a separate working location, where disruptions can be kept to a minimum while working remotely.
For you to have a nice and comfortable working-at-home kind of experience, you need to set up your home office. This is to make you feel as if you are working in the office, but you are just at home. Some people set up their office right next to their bed and some like to set it up in a separate room. One thing that you need most in setting up your home office is your office chair. Office chairs may be expensive, but you can find a lot of office chairs for under $200. And according to barcoderevolution.com, there are thousands of office chairs with good quality to choose from that are not expensive. This is a good deal if you want to set up your home office space.
The deal about working at home is that you get to have your own time and family time. And if you are not yet convinced or still finding it hard to adjust, here are some perks of working at home that you might need to know about.
- Work at your own time – A lot of people love to work at their phase and time. This allows them to be extra productive and get things done according to their way. Working at home will give you this privilege and have flexible working hours. Not unless the company that you are working for will require you to log in a certain time and logout at a certain time as well. But if you are working as a freelancer, you probably know how it feels like to have the freedom of having your own working time.
- Spend more time with your family – Working at home means you get to see your family more often. You get to see your husband or wife, your kids, and your fur baby all the time. And this is one thing that you don’t want to miss out on in your life. Because spending time with your family can help strengthen your bond and have a better relationship.
- You don’t need to dress up – Dressing up is a huge dilemma for a lot of people. Most especially for the ladies. The hassle of figuring out what to wear can take a lot of your time before you go to work. But working at home won’t require you to dress up corporately. You can even work while you are still wearing your pajamas.
- No need for transportation hassle – Traffic is our worst enemy when we are on our way to work. This will cost us our time and every minute that we are late for work, it will affect our performance and our paycheck. Working at home will allow you to be on time all the time. That is if you are religious in following your working schedule. Aside from traffic, there are a lot of possibilities that can happen on the way to work. There are is a possibility that you will run out of gas, your tire blew up, or your car broke down on the way to work. And all of these will no longer happen if you work at home.
- No need to see your annoying coworker – We all have that one coworker that we don’t like to see. It is not that we hate this person, it is just that they give you the negative vibes or you are not comfortable being around them. Staying at home allows you to keep your attention to your work and yourself without any distractions.
- You get to have comfortable breaks – Another great thing about working at home is that you get to have a lot of breaks, given that you finished your task. And also, your breaks are more comfortable because you are at home. You get to watch TV, play with your kids, and a lot more. When it comes to breaks, you get the chance to eat whatever snacks you want while working. You don’t need to worry if you smudged your shirt or if you have crumbs on your mouth.
- You get to pee in your own toilet! – The toilet is one of the issues in the office. Not unless if you have a fancy office that also has a fancy toilet where everything is sanitized and cleaned and has a toilet paper ready. But nothing beats the comfort of your own toilet seat at home. You get to relieve yourself comfortably without the worry of sitting on a dirty toilet seat!
So, these are just a few of the many perks of working at home. It may be a little bit hard at first but in the long run, you will be able to get by. A lot of people wished to stay at home and spend more time with their family. And now it is given to them, they should make the best out of it. Savor the time you are spending with the people around you at home. The world is healing, but this doesn’t mean that we don’t have to be unproductive. There are ways for you to easily adapt and embrace the perks and the advantages of working from home.