Passenger Boarding Bridges: Introduction
- A passenger boarding bridge is commonly known as air bridge, jet bridge, or sky bridge.
- Passenger boarding bridges are used for passenger movement between the airport terminals and aircraft scheduled to take off, and after landing.
- Passenger boarding bridges are segmented by type (movable passenger boarding bridge, fixed passenger boarding bridge), by model (apron drive bridge, dual boarding bridge system, commuter bridge, over-the-wing bridge, nose-loader bridge, and T-bridge), by tunnel type (air-conditioned, un-air-conditioned), and by region.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=80943
Rise in Demand for Over-the-wing Bridge
- Based on model, the over-the-wing bridge segment is likely to be the fastest growing segment and hold a dominant share of the global passenger boarding bridges market during the forecast period.
- Passenger boarding bridges are majorly used to ferry passengers. The rise in usage of larger aircraft with wide-body and multiple doors propels the need for passenger boarding bridges, thus driving the growth of the global passenger boarding bridges market.
- Moreover, larger aircrafts have experienced steady growth over the last few years, catering to increased passenger capacity. Growth in larger aircrafts is expected to drive the demand for over-the-wing bridge passenger boarding bridges.
- In March 2019, ADELTE – The Boarding Company received contracts from three cruise ports in the US to provide a total of six seaport passenger boarding bridges for their cruise terminals.
- Long life cycle of passenger boarding bridges and slowdown in international traveling due to COVID-19 hinders the growth of the global passenger boarding bridges market.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Passenger Boarding Bridges Market
- In terms of region, the global passenger boarding bridges market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region and hold a dominant share in the passenger boarding bridges market during the forecast period due to increasing demand from countries such as Japan, China, Taiwan, Indonesia, South Korea, Australia, and India.
- Furthermore, domestic and international airline operators in the region are planning to enhance their services and initiate the modernizing of existing airport infrastructure. These factors are advancing the passenger boarding bridges market in the APAC region.
- North America holds the second largest share of the passenger boarding bridges market due to large number of airports in the United States and a mature airport market in the country.
- The passenger boarding bridges market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in the Global Passenger Boarding Bridges Market
The global passenger boarding bridges market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for passenger boarding bridges. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global passenger boarding bridges market include:
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- John Bean Technologies Corp.
- CIMC Ltd.
- FMT Aircraft AB
- ADELTE – The Boarding Company
- ShinMaywa Industries, Ltd.
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
You May Also Like PRNewswire on Enterprise Content Management Market