Optical Cross Connect (OXC) Switches Market – Introduction
- Optical cross connect switches are used by telecom operators to switch optical signals in fiber optic network.
- Optical cross connect switch is a new technology used by the telecommunication industry
- Increased traffic, rising usage of smart phones, growing need for improved data communications, and better Internet access has led to a huge growth in demand for optical cross connect switches in the past few years
- Emerging needs of next-generation networks related to cost and traffic handling efficiency are reasons likely to drive demand for optical cross connect switches in the forthcoming years.
- Optical cross-connect (OXC) switches are expected to provide telecommunication carriers with more dynamic and flexible options in building network topologies with enhanced survivability.
Get Sample Copy:
Key Drivers of the Optical Cross Connect Switches Market
Growing demand for components which can handle traffic efficiently expected to fuel the demand for optical cross connect switches
- The telecommunication industry is witnessing increasing demand to introduce technologies having the ability to transport IP/Ethernet traffic in its native format while retaining their robust OAM features.
- Optical cross connect switches facilitate this by giving operators the tools to move beyond the scalability limitations by providing increased bandwidth capability and network switching flexibility.
- Optical cross connect switches also ensure lower network cost and higher fiber efficiency. Additionally, overall operational cost of telecommunication carriers also goes down due to the feature of automated and remote control functions provided by optical cross connect switches
- These features of optical cross connect switches are expected to fuel the market demand in the upcoming years.
Need for simplified architecture to drive growth of the optical cross connect switches market
- The past few years have seen rapid growth in traffic volumes, particularly in metros where trends such as video content caching and multi-gigabit broadband service adoption rate is growing continuously.
- Telecommunication carriers are looking for new ways to restructure their network and operations. Optical cross connect switch platforms provide simplified and automated network management and control, due to which the optical cross connect switches market is expected to grow at a rapid pace.
North America to hold dominant position in the optical cross connect switches market
- North America is expected to capture the dominant share of the optical cross connect switches market. The U.S. has one of the biggest telecommunication industries in the world. Huge investments have been made by telecommunication carriers to reduce cost and provide efficient network services and meet bandwidth requirements. Optical cross connect switches are one of the finest technologies introduced for overall cost cutting and improved network efficiency.
- On the other hand, the optical cross connect switches market in Asia Pacific is expected to rise at the highest rate. Countries in the Asia Pacific region are slowly adopting these new telecom technologies and are expected to invest heavily on optical cross connect switches in the near future. These factors are expected to create huge demand for optical cross connect switches in this region.
Buy our Premium Research Report@
Optical Cross Connect Switches Market – Competitive Landscape
The top five players are expected to account for 20% to 25% share of the global optical cross connect switches market. A few of the key players operating in the global optical cross connect switches market include:
- Blue Sky Research, Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co Ltd
- Sercalo Microtechnology Ltd.
- Optiwave Systems Inc.
- Fujitsu Ltd
Global Optical Cross Connect Switches Market, by Region
- North America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific
- South America
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453