Opioid Patches Market: Better Way for Pain Control
- Opioid Patches are medicated patches to containing opioid drugs used for treatment of moderate to severe chronic pain
- These patches are applied transdermal and generally have to be applied on skin for three days, four days, and seven days depending on severity and dose
Read Report Overview – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/opioid-patches-market.html
- Opioid patches are prescribed by a doctor when other types of pain relief have not been able to manage a patient’s pain or when oral therapy is not tolerated by patient
- These patches are applied on clean & dry skin. These patches are used in chronic & severe cancer pain, long-term chronic pain, and other types of pain. Opioid patches are not suitable for acute type of pain.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Opioid Patches Market
- Increase in patient pool suffering from chronic pain such as cancer pain and long term pain and better level of pain control by transdermal opioid patches compared to oral opioids are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of global opioid patches market
- For instance, according to the WHO, the global burden of cancer was estimated to 18.1 million new cases and 9.6 million deaths in 2018. As per the National Cancer Institute, U.S., pain occurs in 20% to 50% of cancer patients and around 80% of patients with advanced-stage cancer have moderate to severe pain.
- Surge in new product development for better pain treatment options and new product designs in patches are some of the factors attributed for the opioid patches market growth
- Ease of administration, particularly, in patients who have difficulty in oral administration is also fuelling the growth of the global opioid patches market
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=74152
Increase in Drug Abuse to Hamper Market
- Rise in opioid drug abuse such as drug dependency, drug misuse, and opioid tolerance are some of the major factors which hinder the growth of global opioid patches market
- If these patches are exposed to heat sources, then they can be harmful to the patients. Furthermore, accidental exposure of opioid patches to children may cause serious threat to health of children. These safety concerns and potential side effects associated with use of opioid patches are some of the major issues which can hamper the opioid patches market.
Buprenorphine to be More Lucrative Segment
- Based on opioid type, the global opioid patches market can be bifurcated into buprenorphine and fentanyl
- The buprenorphine segment is anticipated to be a lucrative segment during the forecast period and hold a significant share of the global opioid patches market
- Growth of the buprenorphine segment can be attributed to comparatively lesser side effects and wider applications in long-term pain management
Matrix Patches to be Dominant Segment
- In terms of design, the opioid patches market is divided into reservoir patches and matrix patches
- The matrix patches segment is expected to dominate the global opioid patches market during the forecast period
- Rise in popularity of matrix patches and features such as better spread of drugs throughout the whole patch in matrix patches are some of the major contributors for the growth and dominance of this segment in the global opioid patches market
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Opioid Patches Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74152
Online Pharmacies Segment to be More Promising
- Based on distribution channel, the global opioid patches market can be segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The hospital pharmacies segment dominated the global market in 2018, owing to higher demand of pain killer options at hospitals and rise in number of hospital admissions of cancer patients
- The online pharmacies segment is expected to be a more promising segment in the next few years, owing to convenience of usage by this platform and better discounts available at online pharmacies
North America to Lead Global Opioid Patches Market
- In terms of region, the global opioid patches market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global opioid patches market in 2018 due to higher number of prescriptions for opioids, larger patient pool for cancer and chronic pain, early adoption of newer treatment options, and better health care facilities available in the region
- For instance, according to CDC, the total number of opioid prescriptions in the U.S. increased from 215.9 million in 2006 to 255.2 million in 2012
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Larger patient pool of cancer, chronic pain, increase in aging population suffering from different types of chronic pain, and rise in health care expenditure are some of the major driving factors for the opioid patches market in this region
Pre Book Opioid Patches Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=74152<ype=S
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Janssen Global Services, LLC (a division of Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd.)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Mylan N.V.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Qdem Pharmaceuticals Limited
- ETHYPHARM Group
- Napp Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Accord Healthcare
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research –
Nanotechnology Drug Delivery Market: https://www.biospace.com/article/advances-in-nanotechnology-drug-delivery-models-to-create-new-paradigms-in-cancer-therapeutics/
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453