Millimeter Wave Sensors Market: Overview
Millimeter-wave radar sensors are a popular sensing technology that work in the millimeter-wave band, typically in the frequency range of 30–300 GHz (wavelength of 1–10 mm). The technology combines the benefits of microwave navigation and photoelectric navigation. The sub-mm range accuracy make millimeter wave sensors highly useful technology for wide range of applications that need these precision. The millimetre wave sensors market is garnering revenue gains from drones, medical applications, and in transportation. The technology has been extensively used in satellite remote sensing and missile navigation, as unlike other radar technology it is not affected by inclement weather conditions. An emerging application that promise vast opportunities for players in the millimeter wave sensors market are 5G communications.
Over the years, industry players are ebullient of its use in vehicle anti-collision sensor, particularly to boost the safety in railway transport. Ongoing studies on autonomous rail rapid transit (ART) systems are exploring the potential of millimeter-wave radar sensors. In many countries of the developed as well as developing world, millimeter-wave radar hold incredible potential as collision avoidance radar system in ultra-high-speed passenger railway trains. Besides the advances made in sensor, the market is also benefitting from strides made in circuit design and antenna technology.
Get Sample Copy:
Millimeter Wave Sensors: Introduction
- Millimeter wave sensors are the sensors that transmit signals in the millimeter (mm) range. Millimeter wave sensors transmit the signals of a short wavelength and operates in the spectrum between 30 GHz – 300 GHz.
- Millimeter wave sensors provide high accuracy in extreme weather and low visibility conditions, such as fog, smoke, and thunderstorm.
- Adoption of millimeter wave sensors is rapidly increasing in bandwidth-intensive applications, data-intensive services such as video streaming, video conferencing, media exchange over the internet, and high-speed online gaming. Increase in demand from consumer electronics, such as smartphones and wearable electronics is likely to boost the millimeter wave sensors market during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand in E- Band Frequency
- E-band frequency segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the millimeter wave sensors market during the forecast period.
- E-band frequency millimeter wave sensors are largely used in telecommunication equipment, telecommunications sector, radar, and satellite communications.
- The increasing demand for high-speed data transfer, communication originating from residential and commercial sectors such as data centers and IT offices, rise in demand from bandwidth-intensive applications, and demand for high-speed internet also propels the growth of the E-band frequency millimeter sensors market.
- Millimeter wave sensors are used in various sectors, such as military and defense, telecommunication, automotive (advanced avionics navigation systems, automotive long-range radar, and instrument landing systems), healthcare, and security. These uses propel the growth of the market.
- In January 2022, NCE Corporation developed a millimeter-wave distributed antenna radio unit for 5G millimeter-wave spectrum (uses millimeter wave sensor and modems) to improve the channel quality for indoor 5G applications.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead the Millimeter Wave Sensors Market
- In terms of region, the global millimeter wave sensors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global millimeter wave sensors market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of millimeter wave sensors operate in the region.
- North America is expected to witness the fastest growth in the millimeter wave sensors market during the forecast period due to early adoption of upcoming and emerging technology in the region, and increasing demand from countries such as the U.S. and Canada.
- Furthermore, the installation of new telecom equipment and radar systems based on millimeter wave sensors is expected to drive the market across the North America region.
- Asia Pacific holds the second largest share of the millimeter wave sensors market, attributed to developments and upgrades being carried out in the region’s telecom infrastructure.
- The millimeter wave sensors market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Millimeter Wave Sensors Market
The global millimeter wave sensors market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for millimeter wave sensors. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global millimeter wave sensors market include:
- Aviat Networks, Inc.
- Siklu Communication Ltd.
- E-band Communications LLC
- SAGE Millimeter, Inc.
- Bridge wave Communications, Inc.
- Farran Technology Ltd.
- Keysight Technologies, Inc.
- Lightpointe Communications
- Millitech, Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- QuinStar Technology, Inc.
- Trex Enterprises Corporation
Request For PreBook [email protected]:
Global Millimeter Wave Sensors Market: Research Scope
Global Millimeter Wave Sensors Market, by Frequency Band
- Other Frequency Bands
Global Millimeter Wave Sensors Market, by Application
- Military & Defence
- Automotive & Transport
- Electronics & Semiconductor
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers’ or customers’ journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
Read Our Latest Press Release: