Medical Shoe Covers: Introduction
- Medical shoe covers are used by healthcare workers to protect themselves against contamination during various medical procedures
- The shoe cover generally includes a durable material that covers the top, sides, and partial sole of the shoe. A toe hold is utilized to hold the cover in place at the toe of the shoes. Additionally, an adaptable retention method is utilized near the rear instep or heel of the shoe to prevent slipping of the cover and to hold the cover onto the shoe during movement or normal activity by the wearer.
Request Brochure for Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79050
Key Drivers of Global Medical Shoe Covers Market
- The global medical shoe covers market is driven by a rise in the number of surgical procedures, awareness regarding hospital acquired infections, and rise in incidence of infectious diseases worldwide
- Rise in incidence of diseases worldwide is fueling the disposable hospital supplies market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), prevalence of chronic disease is expected to increase by 57% by 2020. Moreover, the global pandemic is also on the rise. These factors are driving the demand for disposable hospital supplies.
- The medical shoe covers market is also driven by a rise in awareness about hospital acquired infections. For instance, as per a report published by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), 1 out of 18 patients in hospitals in Europe suffers from hospital-acquired infection (HAI). Moreover, on an average, around 3.2 million patients per year suffer from HAIs. Such instances are driving the use of medical shoe covers.
- However, stringent government regulations and lack of proper reimbursement for medical shoe covers are likely to hamper the market during the forecast period
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Medical Shoe Covers Market –
Polypropylene (PP) segment to dominate global market
- In terms of material, the global medical shoe covers market can be divided into Polyethylene (PE), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polypropylene (PP), Nylon, and others
- The polypropylene (PP) segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019, as PP is considered to be highly versatile and durable. Furthermore, it is a lightweight, washable fabric that is easy to use and can be reused.
Hospitals to be highly lucrative segment
- Based on end-user, the global medical shoe covers market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and others
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the market in the next few years due to a rise in the demand for surgical procedures in hospitals and an increase in hospital admissions owing to a rise in the number of infectious diseases
Pre book Market Report –
North America to offer significant opportunities in medical shoe covers market
- In terms of region, the global medical shoe cover market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a notable share of the global market in 2019 owing to favorable healthcare infrastructure, high per capita income, and high rate of adoption of advanced medical equipment in the region
Ask for Discount :
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Shoe Covers Market
The global medical shoe covers market is fragmented, with the presence of large number of international and local players. Key players operating in the global medical shoe covers market are:
- Kimberly Clark
- Demophorius Healthcare
- Sara Healthcare
- Alpha Pro Tech
- Cardinal Health
Browse more Market Reports:
Peptide Therapeutics Market:
Implantable Medical Devices Market:
Compression Therapy Market:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453