We all love a good relaxing body massage. Massage is a combination of a wide variety of techniques that vary in touch, pressure, and intensity. Massage is a significant part of the age-old healing tradition. Even today, the Greeks, Egyptians, Chinese, and Indians use the therapeutic properties of massage to treat various ailments.
Good massage techniques like kneading or manipulating a person’s muscles and other soft tissue massage therapy can improve overall well-being and health. Massage techniques include holding, moving, and applying pressure to the muscles, tendon, ligaments, and fascia.
If you are fond of massage or just wish to know more about relaxing techniques for your body, then continue reading!
Why Should One Go for a Massage?
The new work-from-home routine is not only limited to zoom calls and online meetings, but it also comes with back pain, stress & a dull face. Moreover, taking time for a spa or a massage parlor is impossible and extremely risky during a pandemic.
But what if we tell you that you can release all that stress and relax without even stepping out of your home. Yes! You can self-massage yourself with the proper techniques and good massage oil.
- By massaging the correct points on your face, you can also reduce the excess fat around your face area. 1-2 hours of regular massage can do wonders for your face & body. A good facial massage can give you an everlasting glow and chiselled cheekbones in no time.
- Daily work, deadlines, studies, exams, personal problems, and this pandemic are causing stress. Oils like Lavender helps one to calm down and also reduces anxiety. You can use lavender oil to massage your body and eliminate all the tension in your muscles and mind.
- Massaging on the points around your neck, shoulders, head & face can give you a refreshing feeling. It will calm your muscles, nerves and stress points. A daily 20-30 minutes massage can completely relax your body and mind.
- Who says that massage is only for the young. Massage is also great for older people who suffer from joint pains or arthritis. Sometimes doctors too recommend massages over medicines. Massaging the joints with ayurvedic or herbal oils can help strengthen the joints and muscles in older adults.
Benefits of Massage:
- Stress-relief and relaxation:Nothing can relax your body and mind like a good body massage. All you need to know are some excellent massage techniques. You can use lavender oil or coconut oil, or any other oil of your choice to massage your stress points.
- Fybromyalgia pain management: People with fibromyalgia experience chronic pains along with sleep, memory and mood symptoms. In such cases, massage can give you some relief.
- Tension and headache: A tension headache or a concentration headache can feel like there’s a tight band wrapped around your head. By massaging your head and forehead for some time, you can reduce muscles tension around your head, shoulders and neck. Use a soothing massage oil for better results.
- Insomnia: These days, Insomnia is a widespread problem. Excessive stress, hypertension and anxiety can lead to insomnia. Self-massage is excellent to relax and cure insomnia naturally. Massage your feet with some warm oil before bedtime to sleep like a baby.
- Temporary arthritis and joint pain: Arthritis causes swelling and pain in your joints. As you knead and massage your muscles, blood flows to your joints, which can provide some relief. You can do hot oil massage using mustard oil, coconut oil, or any ayurvedic oil.
- Post-Delivery Fat Loss: After the delivery, mothers get body fat, and they lose the structure of their bodies. Massage can be perfect for reducing fat from the mother’s body, and you will get your body structure back by regular habits. There are specific massage oils for mothers, and if you have stretch marks, massage will be the best choice. There are massage oils for stretch marks as well.
Now, if you are thinking, ‘will I get all these massage oils at the cosmetic shop near me?’. The answer is yes. All these oils are easily available, and you can buy them from a nearby store.
Massages are extremely popular in Indian culture. Different regions use different kinds of oils for massage purposes. If you’re someone from the east, you can use mustard oil, coconut oil, and olive oil for massages. If you’re from the north, then mustard oil & coconut oil are the best choices. If you are from the south, then go for coconut oils. People from the west can go for olive oils and seed oils.
A good massage can enhance your blood flow and cure many health problems. So take out some time for yourself and indulge in a relaxing massage. Use any oil that is available or buy one as per your preference.