- Low smoke-free halogen, commonly known as low smoke zero, is a type of material made of thermoplastic or thermoset compounds that emits limited smoke and no halogen when exposed to fire.
- Low smoke halogen-free (LSHF) cables are specifically used indoors, in public areas, and in poorly ventilated areas and other hazardous environments.
- The low smoke halogen-free cable market is segmented by insulation material, jacket type, type, application, and region.
- The many stringent fire rules and regulations laid down worldwide by governments is likely to drive the overall low smoke halogen-free cable market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market
Key players operating in the global low smoke halogen-free cable market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for low smoke halogen- free cable. Moreover, key market players are emphasizing on several strategic initiatives to enhance business and establish their manufacturing facilities.
Key players operating in the global low smoke halogen-free cable market are:
- BASF SE
- BOREALIS AG
- Dow DuPont Inc.
- Fujikura Limited
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Nexans SA
- Prysmian Group (General Cable Corporation)
- Orbia (Mexichem Specialty Compounds) Inc.
- Shanghai Kaibo Compounds Factory Co., LTD
- Sumitomo Electric Lightwave Corp.
PreBook Your Report @:
Rise in Demand for Thermoset Jacket Type
- Based on jacket type, thermoset jacket is the fastest growing segment of the low smoke halogen-free cable market due to its applications. Thermoset jackets are widely used in industrial applications owing to their capability to handle the most rigorous flame tests as well as appropriate physical features.
- Low smoke halogen-free cable is used in applications where insulation with low-smoke generation, low toxicity, and low corrosiveness is required such as industrial, shipboard, rapid transit, and commercial fields, where protection of equipment and human safety is a prime concern.
- In 2019, BASF initiated plans to construct new thermoplastic polyurethanes and engineering plastic plants in Zhanjiang, China. The company is expected to contribute to the global manufacturing capacity for engineering plastics and TPU.
- Manufacturers of low smoke halogen-free cable are highly focusing on mitigating risks and innovate safely. Toward this end, some countries only need a local certification mark; however, other countries of the globe may use harmonized certification systems such as the IECEx.
- However, low smoke halogen free-cables do not have the long track record of performance and there are challenges regarding the lifecycle of these cables, which are the major restraints of the global low smoke halogen-free cable market.
Request for a sample:
Europe to Lead the Low Smoke Halogen-free Cable Market
- In terms of region, the global low smoke halogen-free cable market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the low smoke halogen-free cable market throughout the forecast period due to significant investments in infrastructure and innovation.
- Moreover, Europe also houses major manufacturers of low smoke halogen-free cable such as Prysmian and Nexans. This creates a noteworthy growth scenario for the LSHF ecosystem.
- The market in Asia Pacific and North America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the rapid growth in the construction industry in these regions.
- On the other hand, the low smoke halogen-free cable market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Read Latest Press Release By TMR: