- A lobe pump stores a fixed amount of fluid and then moves the volume of the stored fluid forcibly into the discharge pipe and releases the substance through a safety valve. A pump primarily changes the electrical energy into hydraulic energy where fluids like liquids or gases are moved, and churned out to provide water, irrigation, and gasoline supply etc. Lobe pump is unlike other pumps where the lobes almost meet rather than touch or turn each other. Lobe pump is also known as rotary lobe pump, working on the principle of positive displacement which involves applying pressure on the fluid and moving it out of the mesh, wherein the liquid travels through the interiors of a cover (casing) and in between the lobes and casing and finally comes out. High demand for lobes is seen in industries such as pulp & paper, chemicals, food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology.
Increased usage of lobe pumps in biofuel industry, wastewater treatment, and modern irrigation systems, in industrial applications, and power generation
- Factors such as rapid industrialization and urbanization, rising investments in infrastructure development, increased demand for freshwater, use of water in packaged drinking water bottles, high frequency usage of lobe pumps in different applications such as in food applications handling solid food, and pumping of thick viscous material in the oil & gas industry has led to the rise in sales of lobe pumps globally and a shift in the sales pattern in the lobe pump market. Production and manufacturing of lobe pumps is done globally by manufacturers, taking care of its steel design, the structure of the pump, the high volumetric capacity, maintenance and repair of parts, and the width specifically designed to estimate the amount of fluid holding, etc., enabling various industries such as oil & gas, and food & beverage to buy lobe pumps at affordable prices.
Advanced technology used in manufacturing lobe pumps, and replacement of the entire pump, has led to increase in demand
- Adoption of advanced technology in manufacturing lobe pumps for agricultural purposes and for heavy industrial use has led to an increase in the market share of lobe pumps globally as many companies involved in manufacturing polymers, soaps and surfactants, paints and dyes, and rubber and adhesives require lobe pumps extensively. Lobe pump is popular in these diverse industries because they have the attributes of good sanitary qualities, high efficiency, reliability, and corrosion resistance, etc., which has propelled the growth of the lobe pump market globally. Also, if the pump fails to function at any point, the buyer has an option to replace the entire lobe pump, which has propelled the growth of the market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Lobe Pump Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific projected to be the fastest growing market for lobe pumps
- Geographically, the global lobe pump market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is one of the fastest growing lobe pump markets. The market in North America is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to the replacement of current industrial water and wastewater infrastructure with new ones, and rise in activities in the oil & gas sector in the U.S. The use of lobe pumps in end-use-industries and investment in technology is projected to surge the demand for lobe pumps in the near future.
- Asia Pacific is leading the global lobe pump market. The rise in urban population has led to higher demand for sustainable energy and agricultural activities that enable proper irrigation during the cultivation of food products. Demand for fresh water and processed food products is also on the rise. The increase in disposable income, and procurement of raw materials in developing countries such as India, China, and Japan is set to drive the growth of the lobe pump market in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Lobe Pump Market
Several international and regional players in the market have a diversified and skilled product portfolio. Brands such as Alfa Laval, GEA Group, Megator, and Xylem face high competition in the market due to the availability of products with innovative technology, and increasing availability of products. Manufacturers are continuously investing in the research and development of products. Big market players in the lobe pump market are acquiring small and medium enterprises working on industrial goods. Several mergers and acquisitions are taking place with regional distributors to expand business in different parts of the globe. Some of the key players operating in the global lobe pump market include:
- Alfa Laval
- GEA Group
- Wright Flow Technologies
- Wastecorp Pumps
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Lobe Pump Market – Research Scope
Global Lobe Pump Market, by Product Type
- Others (Multi-lobe etc.)
Global Lobe Pump Market, by Application
- Chemical Industry
- Food & Beverage
- Wastewater Treatment
- Oil & Gas
Global Lobe Pump Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
Read TMR Research Methodology at: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/methodology.html
Read Our Latest Press Release: