Label Printing Machines Market to Make Headway through Automation
In recent times, packaging has become synonymous to communicating brand identity to consumers, and stakeholders in the industry are making a profitable deal out of this. The suit is also followed by manufacturers in the label printing machines industry, which is advancing at a steady pace, as found by the latest Transparency Market Research (TMR) study.
Packaging and transportation industries seek cost-reduction through product weight reduction, which has put pressure on manufacturers of label printing machines to accommodate longer rolls on the thinner base material, with better turnaround time. Manufacturers invest in automated and specialized colour performance technology to achieve shorter print runs, customization, and greater flexibility, thereby navigating the label printing machines market yet further. However, manufacturers need to offset the ‘pain point’ of the high cost that deters the adoption rate of label printing machines.
Get Sample Copy:
Premiumization Meets Versatility with Thermal Label Printing Mechanism
Since visual appeal can turn into a one-shot deal to close sales, end-use industries are prioritizing investments toward offering an ‘expensive’ appearance to their products. As color is directly associated with appeal, manufacturers are diligently focusing on the development of monochrome and multicolor printers, out of which, monochrome printers are deemed suitable to enhance the appeal of products. According to TMR’s estimate, the sales of monochrome label printing machines will arrive at a value tantamount to ~US$ 4.4 Bn by 2027, while the popularity of multicolor label printing machines is projected to record a CAGR of ~5% during 2019-2027.
Beside the premiumization of labels, market players address grave concerns regarding the rising instances of product counterfeits through the introduction of sophisticated security features directly onto product labels by leveraging QR codes and barcodes, which allows consumers to validate the authenticity of the purchased goods. In order to accommodate security features, end-use industries are gradually moving toward thermal printers that offset challenges such as smudging of ink and stained labels that are associated with non-thermal label printing machines. The trend also points toward the versatility and durability of thermal label printers that complete the quest for quality over the cost attributes of end-use industries.
Asia Pacific to Upkeep its Consolidated Market Position
A significant spurt in the demand for label printing machines is attributable to surging industrialization activities. The ‘Grab n’ Go’ food trend has compelled the food and beverage industry to roll out more packaged products. The curative over preventive healthcare approach has instigated the use of label printers in the pharmaceutical industry. Enhanced focus on skin and personal care is giving label printing machines the desired traction in the cosmetic industry. All these trends are allowing the manufacturing industry to make headway towards upholding the demand for label printing machines. This has presented improved market opportunities to market players in Asia Pacific, given the enormous potential of the manufacturing sector in the region. Japan is projected to remain home to market majors in the industry that seek measureable growth opportunities through market penetration and product innovation.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report:
Authors of the report infer that, the label printing machines market will grow at an average CAGR of ~5% during 2019-2027, and much of this has to do with the massive demand from the packaging and transportation sectors. With the fickle preference of end users for product labels, market players will need to navigate their business strategies on a frequent basis. Currently, the trend of ‘weight reduction to achieve reduced size’ demands label printing machines with greater flexibility. However, the high cost of development could turn out as a deal-breaker to the steady adoption of label printing machines. While some label printers can print on only flat or square surfaces, market players can justify the high cost by offering a suite of features that enable printers to print labels on curved, edged, tapered, and rounded surfaces. Besides product innovation, market players can look at employing an inorganic growth strategy by collaborating with overseas players to gain production and distribution benefits.
Request For Customization:
Label Printing Machines Market in Brief
- The global label printing machines market is expected to register a CAGR of ~5% between 2019 and 2027.
- The global label printing machines market is likely to be driven by the growing application of their end products, i.e. labels. Identity protection, stock management & shipment tracking, and regulatory compliance are key drivers of the global label printing machines market.
- The global label printing machines market is expected to reach ~US$ 7.8 Bn by 2027 from ~US$ 5.3 Bn in 2019.
- Asia Pacific holds a major share of the label printing machines market, whereas, South America has the lowest market share.
- Asia Pacific remains the leading region in the label printing machines market. Asia Pacific is also projected to expand at a high CAGR in the global label printing machines market during the forecast period.
- The label printing machines markets in North America and Europe are expected to experience moderate growth during the forecast period.
Label Printing Machines Market – Definition
- The label printing machines market report provides analysis of the global label printing machines market for the period of 2017–2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year and 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period. Data for 2017 has been included as historical information.
- The study on the label printing machines market would help clients in understanding the adoption rate of label printing machines in different industries. Also, the study will help clients understand the varying demand for label printing machines as per print mechanism and colour support segmentations.
- Today’s label printers can print labels with a variety of security features to reduce counterfeit products; hence, labels are used by companies to differentiate original products from fake ones.
Asia Pacific Label Printing Machines Market – Snapshot
- Developing nations in Asia Pacific have various industrial projects. The demand for labels is rising across all industries, and hence, the demand for label printing machines is also on the surge in the region. Also, manufacturers do not incur much expense on distribution since the biggest manufacturing hubs of label printing machines are Japan and China; hence, operational expense is low for manufacturers in the region.
- Although the average selling price (ASP) in Asia Pacific is higher than North America and Europe, huge industrial investments in the region are propelling the demand for label printing machines, making the region the fastest growing market.
Key Growth Drivers of the Label Printing Machines Market
- Identity Protection
- Labelling is an important measure for the anti-counterfeiting of products. Labels have made it easier to detect fakes, as it is harder to counterfeit a label with stringent security features.
- Stock Management & Shipment Tracking
- For better segregation, stock & inventory management can be broadly divided into two categories – location labeling and item labeling. Location labeling consists of labeling as per rows, sections, zones, and shelf numbers, whereas, item labeling is required to identify a particular item.
- Regulatory Compliance
- An evolving regulatory landscape is propelling the label printer industry. Governments of various countries are imposing regulations for stronger packaging and tracking management.
Restraint of the Label Printing Machines Market
- High Cost
- Label printers are still a luxury despite their broad applications. Companies have to invest heavily on R&D to develop new features to meet customer expectations, due to the extremely vulnerable nature of demand, resulting in high operational costs.
Label Printing Machines Market – Competitive Landscape
- More than 50% of the market share is enjoyed by the following top four manufacturers (leading players), i.e. the market is consolidated at the top level:
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
- Brother Industries, Ltd.
- SATO Holdings Corporation
- The following three are prominent players in the label printing machines market. Their revenue share makes the market moderately fragmented at the middle level:
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Brady Corporation
- Toshiba Tec Corporation
- The market share enjoyed by the following emerging players makes the market highly fragmented at the bottom level.
- Shandong New Beiyang Information Technology Co., Ltd. (SNBC)
- Citizen Group
- TSC Auto ID Technology Co., Ltd.
- cab Produkttechnik GmbH & Co KG
- GoDEX International Co., Ltd.
Label Printing Machines Market – Company Profile Snapshot
- Brother Industries, Ltd.
- Brother Industries offers printers, facsimiles, labeling systems, label printers, scanners, etc., under its printing & solution business segment.
- Brother Industries has released a new labeling system, with which consumers can edit labels through a smartphone, as the conventional labeling system market has matured, both, for home and professional/business use. Users need to install an app and the label printing system can be controlled through a smartphone.
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- Epson’s core operation division is divided into various sub-segments, which are collectively governed by the global consolidated management, whereas, its sales and manufacturing are conducted locally by group sales and manufacturing companies
- Under the professional printing business domain, Epson sells label printers and consumables.
- SATO Holdings Corporation
- SATO has developed its own process of data collection systems & labeling (DCS & Labeling), based on auto-ID technology, which helps it collect and manage data on people and goods movement.
- Under its label printing solutions, SATO offers thermal & RFID printer, OEM print engines, printer accessories, label design software, labels, and thermal transfer ribbons.
- Zebra Technologies Corporation
- Zebra Technologies is a prominent player in the automatic identification and data capture (AIDC) market.
- The AIDC market is further divided into data capture, mobile computing, RFID, and barcode printing, along with other automation products and services.
Read Our Latest Press Release:
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]